Windows 10: OneDrive - three "Status" fields, none showing an icon(!)

Discus and support OneDrive - three "Status" fields, none showing an icon(!) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I'm delivering some Office 365 to a client and have encountered a funny Firstly, looking at File Explorer for some files on One Drive, most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldhasbeen, Jun 27, 2019.

1. OneDrive - three "Status" fields, none showing an icon(!)

Hi

I'm delivering some Office 365 to a client and have encountered a funny

Firstly, looking at File Explorer for some files on One Drive, most of the attendees see a "Status" icon, wither a cloud or a tick, but two of them didn't see any "Status" at all. I attempted to fix this by using "view"/"Add Column", but found this offers THREE fields called "Status" (!). I added all three to their File explorer view but all of these show as blank for all files!!

Weird or what? Could someone advise?

Thanks!

:)

oldhasbeen, Jun 27, 2019

2. What do the Status icons mean in OneDrive?

I have recently been upgraded to Windows 10 - Version 1803 and there are new Status icons in OneDrive. Where is there a document that explains what they mean? (Before you ask for a screen shot, Microsoft developed these icons so you should have a listing
    that should be shared publicly - I shouldn't have to show you what you developed - and I don't think I should have to ask each time I uncover a new icon that I might not be aware of today - just give me a list of all of them with images I can see).

I really like that the icons are in a column by themselves instead of overlapping the icon showing the document type. Thanks for making that more user friendly.

I also wanted to make sure the Status icon is included in all my folder views, but there are two items called "Status" in the Choose Details selection box. Why are there two fields called "Status" and how do they differ? When I add them both to my view one
    has the icons and the other is blank.

Looking forward to a helpful response.

Jeff_in_LV, Jun 27, 2019
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive - three "Status" fields, none showing an icon(!) ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 27, 2019
  4. OneDrive - three "Status" fields, none showing an icon(!)

OneDrive Sync Status

Since the 10 April MS Updates, the OneDrive folder in the Navigation pane of File Explorer no longer shows the green tick box that it did before. Before all folders and files showed the green tick box in the Navigation Pane. Now, I have a "Status" column,
    showing a status icon alongside each folder and file in the details window. However, the status of some folders is showing as 'Sync Pending', but I don't think this can be correct as none of the individual files in those folders show as "Sync Pending". I've
    tried re-saving the files in those folders and the status changes, temporarily, to a green tick. If I move away from that view in File Explorer and then back again, the "Sync Pending" icon re-appears against that folder. Rather than employ a suggested technical
    workaround, I would prefer to await a further update that fixes this, so, for now,
    I'd be interested if others are experiencing the same issue so that more people can be flagging the issue up. (I would have used the 'OneDrive' category in this community, but that is 'locked').

TrevorFayers, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive - three "Status" fields, none showing an icon(!)

1. OneDrive - three "Status" fields, none showing an icon(!) - Similar Threads - OneDrive three Status

2. Why do some folders in OneDrive show an incorrect status icon?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do some folders in OneDrive show an incorrect status icon?: My OneDrive folder is set up so that all files and folders are "kept on this device". Despite this, there are three folders which show as "Sync pending". Opening these folders, there are a few sub-folders also showing as "Sync pending", but the status icon is incorrect, as...
  3. Why do some folders in OneDrive show an incorrect status icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some folders in OneDrive show an incorrect status icon?: My OneDrive folder is set up so that all files and folders are "kept on this device". Despite this, there are three folders which show as "Sync pending". Opening these folders, there are a few sub-folders also showing as "Sync pending", but the status icon is incorrect, as...
  4. Why do some folders in OneDrive show an incorrect status icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong icon sizes in the OneDrive status UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong icon sizes in the OneDrive status UI: Windows 11 Home, Microsoft account.The display scaling factor as shown in the display settings is set to 200% recommended.How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-icon-sizes-in-the-onedrive-status-ui/d42159c2-1369-473b-96e1-a437c427bc18
  6. OneDrive sync status icons

OneDrive sync status icons: Why OneDrive doesn't have an option to disable sync status icons like Google backup app has? I don't want this silly status icons on my files and there's nothing in options to disable them....
  7. OneDrive Status Icons and Windows Indexing

OneDrive Status Icons and Windows Indexing: Hey Guys, I noticed a problem while using OneDrive and Windows indexing system. My OneDrive folder is located in my "D" drive, and after the sync is finished, I realized that all the folders has the green check, like if they were selected to be avaiable offline. But they...
  8. OneDrive Status Icons and Windows Indexing

OneDrive Status Icons and Windows Indexing: Hey Guys, I noticed a problem while using OneDrive and Windows indexing system. My OneDrive folder is located in my "D" drive, and after the sync is finished, I realized that all the folders has the green check, like if they were selected to be avaiable offline. But they...
  9. Taskbar battery status icon is not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar battery status icon is not showing: Taskbar battery status icon is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-battery-status-icon-is-not-showing/646d32f6-dcc1-487a-8f79-3c5e3f9e026e
  10. Onedrive status icons on desktop

Onedrive status icons on desktop: Hello everyone, I just recently noticed that there are status icons appearing on my desktop, what does it mean? No its not in my onedrive but in my desktop folder, and these icons also appear with icons on my desktop. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file explorer onedrive sync pending