Onedrive tray icon has disappeared

Discus and support Onedrive tray icon has disappeared in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Noticed today that the Onedrive tray icon is missing. I tried re-installing with OneDriveSetup.exe and got error "A newer version of Onedrive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skcusime, Jun 10, 2018.

1. skcusime Win User

Noticed today that the Onedrive tray icon is missing. I tried re-installing with OneDriveSetup.exe and got error "A newer version of Onedrive is installed". I downloaded the latest version and got the same error.
    Trying to run Onedrive from the startmenu gives the same error!
    The Onedrive folder in file explorer shows that the files are still on the cloud.
    Any ideas?

:)

skcusime, Jun 10, 2018
  2. edl5050 Win User

No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

Just installed Windows 10 and also have no Onedrive icon in tray. I have tried what you have suggest as did a tech at MS. Neither of us were successful. Will there be a fix for this in an upcoming update?

edl5050, Jun 10, 2018
  3. georgebaker Win User
    No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

even though the icon is not in the notification tray, does onedrive still run and sync? sometimes my machine starts up normally but some regular icons are not in the tray, but the programs still work.

georgebaker, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive tray icon has disappeared

Onedrive tray icon has disappeared - Similar Threads - Onedrive tray icon

1. Onedrive problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive problems: Onedrive is installed on my system but has stopped working as of today. It will not start at boot nor will the icon appear on the taskbar so that I may access the settings. 112579
  2. Windows Defender - Ransomware on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender - Ransomware on Onedrive: Anyone else seen this ... just showed up on my desktop today after a reboot. WDSC under Virus & Threat Protection it had Setup One Drive or Dismiss. I clicked Setup One Drive (which is already setup) ... just to see what it was and all it did was ask me to sign in to One...
  3. Windows Defender - Ransomware - Onedrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender - Ransomware - Onedrive: Anyone else seen this ... just showed up on my desktop today after a reboot. WDSC under Virus & Threat Protection it had Setup One Drive or Dismiss. I clicked Setup One Drive (which is already setup) ... just to see what it was and all it did was ask me to sign in to One...
  4. New Updates to OneDrive for Business & SharePoint Team Site Versioning

in Windows 10 Support
    New Updates to OneDrive for Business & SharePoint Team Site Versioning: On May 15th we announced on the Office 365 Roadmap (ID 30544) that we’re updating the versioning settings on all OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online team site document libraries, including both group-connected team sites and team sites not connected to an Office 365...
  5. OneDrive - synchronisation problems

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive - synchronisation problems: Has anyone else noticed problems with OneDrive since the recent windows update? Previously, I have used it to keep important files on two PCs in sync (with an online backup). For the most part, it worked fairly well. But something has changed recently. Amongst the symptoms:...
  6. How do I turn off OneDrive/

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn off OneDrive/: I have no use for this. However, no matter what I am doing, typing a letter, browsing on-line, playing a game, I get a pop-up asking me to set up OneDrive. I'm tired of this. Looking on-line says it cannot be deleted. But, now I'm getting a notice that I have a new OneDrive...
  7. Microsoft Onedrive system tray icon failing to display properly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Onedrive system tray icon failing to display properly?: On my HP laptop running windows 10 home edition (laptop specs are intel cpu 4 core, 2.2 ghz, 16 gig or ram), I think a recent update caused the Onedrive icon on start up of laptop to display 4 instances in the system tray, and when clicking on each icon they disappear. The...
Onedrive tray icon has disappeared solved