Windows 10: Onedrive tray icon has disappeared

Discus and support Onedrive tray icon has disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Noticed today that the Onedrive tray icon is missing. I tried re-installing with OneDriveSetup.exe and got error "A newer version of Onedrive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skcusime, Jun 10, 2018.

1. skcusime Win User

Onedrive tray icon has disappeared

Noticed today that the Onedrive tray icon is missing. I tried re-installing with OneDriveSetup.exe and got error "A newer version of Onedrive is installed". I downloaded the latest version and got the same error.
    Trying to run Onedrive from the startmenu gives the same error!
    The Onedrive folder in file explorer shows that the files are still on the cloud.
    Any ideas?

:)

skcusime, Jun 10, 2018
  2. edl5050 Win User

No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

Just installed Windows 10 and also have no Onedrive icon in tray. I have tried what you have suggest as did a tech at MS. Neither of us were successful. Will there be a fix for this in an upcoming update?

edl5050, Jun 10, 2018
  3. No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

even though the icon is not in the notification tray, does onedrive still run and sync? sometimes my machine starts up normally but some regular icons are not in the tray, but the programs still work.

georgebaker, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive tray icon has disappeared

1. Onedrive tray icon has disappeared - Similar Threads - Onedrive tray icon

2. OneDrive icon disappeared from tray and run commands don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive icon disappeared from tray and run commands don't work: Symptoms: OneDrive Personal experienced "sync pending" issues. So I unlinked the OD acct then quit OneDrive. After that,1. OneDrive Personal is no longer found in bottom-right corner tray OD Biz is still there2. Typing OneDrive in Windows search bar shows the App, but...
  3. OneDrive icon disappeared from tray and run commands don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive icon disappeared from tray and run commands don't work: Symptoms: OneDrive Personal experienced "sync pending" issues. So I unlinked the OD acct then quit OneDrive. After that,1. OneDrive Personal is no longer found in bottom-right corner tray OD Biz is still there2. Typing OneDrive in Windows search bar shows the App, but...
  4. System Tray Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  5. System Tray Icons Disappear

System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  6. System Tray icons keep disappearing

System Tray icons keep disappearing: A lot of system tray icons are disappearing by themselves, usually when I launch a game and then exit. For example, I use the SpyderXPro program to load my color profile. Sometimes the color profile resets and I'll have to manually right click the SpyderXPro icon and then...
  7. System Tray icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray icons keep disappearing: A lot of system tray icons are disappearing by themselves, usually when I launch a game and then exit. For example, I use the SpyderXPro program to load my color profile. Sometimes the color profile resets and I'll have to manually right click the SpyderXPro icon and then...
  8. System Icons disappearing from tray

System Icons disappearing from tray: After a recent update, currently on 20h2 build 19042.964, system icons have disappeared from the tray area near the clock. To be a little more specific, I can take all icons and hide them in the drawer and all icons show there. But when I set icons to always show, the first...
  9. Disappearing System Tray icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing System Tray icon: I have a situation where my Macrium Reflect "backup-in-progress" icon stops being displayed. I've reported this to Macrium, but I'd like to better understand what is going on ... including how System Tray (a.k.a. notification area) icons are displayed. I'm running Win 10...
  10. Icons disappear from system tray

Icons disappear from system tray: Hi, I have already performed the following: Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled Notification Area and click on Customize. Click on Turn system icons on or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive is still working but there is no icon in system tray