Windows 10: OneDrive under my ex's email has randomly appeared on my computer?

Discus and support OneDrive under my ex's email has randomly appeared on my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Haven't seen the dude in about two or three months. I let him use my laptop once or twice for his school stuff a few months before that, he did save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elma_cvntler, Jul 8, 2020.

1. OneDrive under my ex's email has randomly appeared on my computer?

Haven't seen the dude in about two or three months. I let him use my laptop once or twice for his school stuff a few months before that, he did save some documents on my computer. However, I've used Word a ton and saved a bunch of documents and never seen his OneDrive pop up. Today, I was saving a document (saving as if that matters) and while my University OneDrive was there and correct, the 'Personal' OneDrive was under his email. Today is the first time its shown up.

Is he hacking me (lol) or is this just mistake left over from when he used my laptop before? How can I get rid of his account on my computer? I want to avoid getting in touch with him just because this dude is annoying lol. If anyone can help me out I would much appreciate it. Sorry if the answer is obvious I'm bad at computers and personally have never used OneDrive.

submitted by /u/elma_cvntler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elma_cvntler, Jul 8, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

OneDrive unable to find my contacts to share folders

garybo125 thanks for your suggestion which I did but it did not resolve the issue with OneDrive insisting to use my contact's first email address instead of his second email address. Eventually I deleted my contact's first email address from my Outlook.com contacts list and OneDrive then added the correct address. It seems that if you have a contact with two email addresses OneDrive will always choose one and not the other!

Berton OneDrive may not use the built-in Contacts Folder in C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE as mine is empty but of course I cannot verify this.

scopio, Jul 8, 2020
  3. AndreyT Win User
    "Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

I notice that a folder named "Email Attachments" appears by itself in my OneDrive. The folder is empty. Deleting this folder makes it to reappear by itself later. This behavior started relatively recently. But since I use my OneDrive on multiple Windows 10 computers as well as on two Android devices, it is hard to figure out who's to blame here (if that's something on my side and not OneDrive itself).

There are some Microsoft links on the Net that say that this folder is created when I manually choose to save attachments to OneDrive in the online Outlook.com email client. I do use my old Hotmail address as my OneDrive profile address, but I don't visit Outlook.com and don't save any attachments there.

BTW, my OneDrive is a regular OneDrive account (used with built-in into Windows 10 clients), not OneDrive for Business or anything like that.

I don't need this "Email Attachments" folder and I don't want it to appear in my OneDrive. Is there any way to stop it from appearing? Or at least to figure out what triggers its creation?

AndreyT, Jul 8, 2020
  4. AndreyT Win User

OneDrive under my ex's email has randomly appeared on my computer?

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

Basically, the problem is unsolvable at the time.

"The feature to permanently prevent OneDrive from creating the Email Attachments folder is not yet available."

Also: Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Those geniuses at Microsoft did it again... Facepalm.

AndreyT, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive under my ex's email has randomly appeared on my computer?

1. OneDrive under my ex's email has randomly appeared on my computer? - Similar Threads - OneDrive under ex's

2. My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My computers Administrator is an Exs Help: The problem is'nt mine but a friends, so no problem on this account. A while back a now Ex logged on to microsoft on his computer and became the default administrator. Now they have no contact and he can't access any applications that would require administrators permissions,...
  3. My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computers Administrator is an Exs Help: The problem is'nt mine but a friends, so no problem on this account. A while back a now Ex logged on to microsoft on his computer and became the default administrator. Now they have no contact and he can't access any applications that would require administrators permissions,...
  4. My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?: OneDrive Issues: I want to have my Desktop Folder on my PC and in the cloud. In File Explorer the Desktop folder is in : This PC OneDrive Quick Access But the status column is blank. How can I get the status column to change/? How do I sync desktop with OneDrive?...
  6. It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?

It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?: OneDrive Issues: I want to have my Desktop Folder on my PC and in the cloud. In File Explorer the Desktop folder is in : This PC OneDrive Quick Access But the status column is blank. How can I get the status column to change/? How do I sync desktop with OneDrive?...
  7. Ex partner has access to emails, etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ex partner has access to emails, etc: I gave an ex a desktop a long time ago, and he just informed me that he has had access to my information. I have changed my Google passwords, and my Microsoft ID password. Is this enough? He said it's because of "open user access", and bc I had a user on his desktop and...
  8. my email is under attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my email is under attack: my email is under attack, need to block my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-is-under-attack/8c2700cc-cfd7-42bc-9537-ebdef390a5d6
  9. "Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?: I notice that a folder named "Email Attachments" appears by itself in my OneDrive. The folder is empty. Deleting this folder makes it to reappear by itself later. This behavior started relatively recently. But since I use my OneDrive on multiple Windows 10 computers as well...
  10. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer: I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the left navigation of FE), the sub folders for Documents and Pictures shown aren't my local folders at all, but OneDrive folders....