Windows 10: OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC

Discus and support OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today I opened up my laptop and OneDrive has synced everything from my pc's homescreen to my laptop's homescreen which I don't want, as I use my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Frassasassa, Apr 10, 2021.

1. OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC

Today I opened up my laptop and OneDrive has synced everything from my pc's homescreen to my laptop's homescreen which I don't want, as I use my laptop for school and work, and desktop PC for games. My homescreen on my laptop was specifically setup and organized and now everythings missing. I'm not sure if OneDrive has completely wiped everything else, but is there a way for me to revert the OneDrive Sync to my laptop?

I never intentionally setup OneDrive so I don't know how to use it. I reset my desktop pc yesterday because of other issues, and OneDrive automatically set itself up.

submitted by /u/Frassasassa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Frassasassa, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to sync files in OneDrive from old laptop to a new laptop. Since you have already signed in to the OneDrive app, I suggest you to refer the section
    If you already have an account signed in to OneDrive in the article

Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Apr 10, 2021
  4. OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC

OneDrive

I am using a Samsung i5 laptop with Windows 10 fully updated. My problem is:-

• Firstly the OneDrive Icon is not showing on my taskbar - I have tried all the solutions given on your site
    • Secondly, obviously, my OneDrive is not syncing because it appears not to be running
    • I cannot uninstall the version of OneDrive on my PC, which means I cannot do a fresh reinstall
    Any help or suggestions, please?

Dave

DavidMcFarlane1, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC

1. OneDrive unwanted sync across two laptop and PC - Similar Threads - OneDrive unwanted sync

2. Syncing across two MS accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing across two MS accounts?: HiI seem to have this situation. I've got Collections on my personal MS account - but they're all my business-related items, not my personal ones. I've got a different set of Collections on my work MS365 Business account - but they're all personal items that should be on the...
  3. Onedrive and PC sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and PC sync: Hi, I would like to find out how to stop syncing certain folders from my pc to onedrive? I dont want to loose any folders on my pc. That seems to be the issue when you select folders on onedrive, then it deletes folders on my pc. Thanks...
  4. PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.

PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.: I've just bought a new computer and onedrive on my pc is not syncing with onedrive live. I've tried unlinking the pc and linking again, checking the permissions, my account is correct, I've checked the folders and now I'm out of ideas. I downloaded Keepass and although it's...
  5. USING ONEDRIVE TO SYNC BETWEEN TWO LAPTOPS

USING ONEDRIVE TO SYNC BETWEEN TWO LAPTOPS: I use several Word and Excel documents on my laptop at work and continually revise/update them throughout the day. I recently purchased a new laptop for home and want to be able to work on these documents both at work and at home. Am trying to learn OneDrive in order to...
  6. Syncing Two PC's with OneDrive

Syncing Two PC's with OneDrive: Hey, I would like to use OneDrive to sync two laptops to have the same files. Right now I am syncing desktop and document folders, but I would like to set it so if I delete/modify something on one laptop it will also delete/modify it from the onedrive cloud and then the other...
  7. File Sharing Across Two PC's

File Sharing Across Two PC's: I have what I hope is a simple question. BUT, first, my setup: I have two PC's, connected by an ethernet cable. So as to not get too complicated, I use those PC's with ONE mouse and ONE keyboard using Mouse Without Borders, a FANTASTIC program that is working well....
  8. Syncing Clipboard in two PC

Syncing Clipboard in two PC: Hello experts, I want to use the values that I have saved in the clipboard. Scenario is that I have saved some values in clipboard in my office PC and I want to use it in my personal PC at home. I have set all the setting that to sync and I have use same outlook account in...
  9. How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?

How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?: I'd like to set my one drive to only store and save screenshots. Is it possible? - A bit off topic Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-onedrive-from-syncing-unwanted-files/95560840-7a0a-497d-89bc-0c9b45b4433a
  10. Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted: I set up the Onedrive folder in a non-default location, but now I have two Onedrive folders; the one I set up in the custom location, and another one that was created at the same time in the default location. I can't get rid of the one in the default location without...