Windows 10: OneDrive VHD folder access

Discus and support OneDrive VHD folder access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a way to access a VHD folder on OneDrive using Microsoft Edge or the Android OneDrive App?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Raysim52, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Raysim52 Win User

OneDrive VHD folder access

Is there a way to access a VHD folder on OneDrive using Microsoft Edge or the Android OneDrive App?

:)

Raysim52, Jul 3, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

VHD created within OneDrive - any views? Pros and cons?

Please do not take this wrong, I just want to make my point absolutely clear and therefore tell exactly what I think.

It seems that there is a complete misunderstanding here, about what VHD is and how it works and can be used. Using a VHD in OneDrive to store user data is about the most pointless and useless ideas I have ever heard. Only thing it would do is to make using OneDrive more difficult.

For the first, a VHD is just a file. For this to work even theoretically, it must be mounted every time computer is booted (tutorial) before OneDrive is started.

Second, only thing needed for PC and laptop to sync user data is to setup OneDrive on both using the same Microsoft account, and store all user data on both to OneDrive. That's it.

I really would like to know where you found such a bad advice. If possible, please post links here.

PROS:
    • Absolutely nothing. I repeat: absolutely nothing!
    CONS:
    • Making use of OneDrive harder
    • Possible sync issues

Kari, Jul 3, 2022
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jul 3, 2022
  4. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

1. OneDrive VHD folder access - Similar Threads - OneDrive VHD folder

2. OneDrive VHD folder access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive VHD folder access: Is there a way to access a VHD folder on OneDrive using Microsoft Edge or the Android OneDrive App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-vhd-folder-access/4d65b1cc-53ca-4d63-9a51-28ec5ff69276
  3. OneDrive VHD folder access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive VHD folder access: Is there a way to access a VHD folder on OneDrive using Microsoft Edge or the Android OneDrive App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-vhd-folder-access/4d65b1cc-53ca-4d63-9a51-28ec5ff69276
  4. onedrive folder access code Issue

onedrive folder access code Issue: Dear Team,We are Facing the issue with Microsoft onedrive shared folder access code One of our supplier Shared a Onedrive folder to us while open the folder through the shared link its asking the Shared User Email ID we given the email id but unfortunately we not received the...
  5. Vhd

Vhd: How do I convert back from a vhd after I made it I realized I do not need it and it's taking up a lot of my storage space how do I flip it back into physical storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/21a5eb1e-18bf-4f96-88c4-0d7a95ab3a73
  6. Empty OneDrive folder is not accessible - Can't delete it

Empty OneDrive folder is not accessible - Can't delete it: It says: <path> is not accessible.The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalidWhen I click on the folder. The folder is an empty OneDrive folder from a Visual Studio project. I would like to delete it, but I can't seem to be allowed. OneDrive says everything is up...
  7. No more access right on the local OneDrive folder

No more access right on the local OneDrive folder: Hello, Something very stange, i can access the local OneDrive folder but impossible to manage the files. Eachtime it tells me that i need local admin rights i'm already local admin. Impossible also to give access to the OneDrive app when i reinstall it. Does someone know...
  8. Onedrive app cannot access onedrive folder on c

Onedrive app cannot access onedrive folder on c: Hello, I have searched the internet, but could not find a working solution for my problem. This morning when i started up my computer everything was working fine including OneDrive. When Windows 10 full booted, it came up that there was an update and that i needed to...
  9. VHD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VHD: just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/deab598a-d7fe-4c5c-ace2-91003242d580
  10. OneDrive Folder accessible by all users of PC

OneDrive Folder accessible by all users of PC: I have two users on my pc. One has onedrive signed in and syncing and I noticed I am able to view that onedrive folder from the other user account. I can't see any other folders under that user account so why is onedrive publicly accessible to everyone on my pc? 110885