Windows 10: OneDrive Video on PC backup/sync

Discus and support OneDrive Video on PC backup/sync in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I have Office365 with OneDrive 1TB cloud storage. In OneDrive, you can select Desktop, Documents, and/or Pictures for automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Person_260, Dec 19, 2019.

1. OneDrive Video on PC backup/sync

I have Windows 10.

I have Office365 with OneDrive 1TB cloud storage.

In OneDrive, you can select Desktop, Documents, and/or Pictures for automatic backup and sync.

In File Explorer, under "This PC," I also have folders for Videos and Music.

Why is there no selection in the OneDrive settings to backup these folders?

How can I automatically backup the Videos and Music folders, that are on my PC not my device, to OneDrive?

:)

Person_260, Dec 19, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive Video on PC backup/sync [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

aoironowind, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Entegy Win User

OneDrive Video on PC backup/sync

device backup on onedrive

TomBrad95 is slightly wrong. There's nothing wrong with your backup, it's just that showing up as a device backup in OneDrive wasn't added until WP8.1. WP8.1 backs up more stuff, which makes it appear in the OneDrive list of devices.

Is your Microsoft account syncing? Is text message backup on? If yes, then you're fine.

Entegy, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive Video on PC backup/sync

1. OneDrive Video on PC backup/sync - Similar Threads - OneDrive Video backup

2. Onedrive sync and backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...
  3. Onedrive sync and backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...
  4. Onedrive sync and backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. OneDrive File Syncing and Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive File Syncing and Backup: Just set up a new Windows 11 laptop for a senior in a nearby retirement community. Copied all his data to the new machine. Signed into Onedrive and went to "choose folders" in settings. Desktop, Documents and Pictures were available to "check", but music was not. He has lots...
  6. OneDrive File Syncing and Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive File Syncing and Backup: Just set up a new Windows 11 laptop for a senior in a nearby retirement community. Copied all his data to the new machine. Signed into Onedrive and went to "choose folders" in settings. Desktop, Documents and Pictures were available to "check", but music was not. He has lots...
  7. Onedrive and PC sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and PC sync: Hi, I would like to find out how to stop syncing certain folders from my pc to onedrive? I dont want to loose any folders on my pc. That seems to be the issue when you select folders on onedrive, then it deletes folders on my pc. Thanks...
  8. PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.: I've just bought a new computer and onedrive on my pc is not syncing with onedrive live. I've tried unlinking the pc and linking again, checking the permissions, my account is correct, I've checked the folders and now I'm out of ideas. I downloaded Keepass and although it's...
  9. Backup files to OneDrive without syncing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files to OneDrive without syncing: Hello I want to back up my music collection from my D-drive. I have copied (drag & drop) my files from D: to OneD – that was easy, intuitive and straight forward. However OneDrive is now trying synchronise my newly copied files back with my PC. It is not syncing with the...
  10. recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive?: I just got Windows 10. I've been using the cloud backup/folder syncing service Jungle Disk on Windows 7 for a while. I'm not very happy with Jungle Disk... no end of bugs and problems. Because Microsoft is pushing OneDrive so hard with Windows 10, I thought I would ask a...