Windows 10: OneDrive vs. Local Disk Files

Discus and support OneDrive vs. Local Disk Files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey Community, I am relatively new to using OneDrive. I have a Windows 10 machine and would like to store some files locally and some on OneDrive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeloRider, Oct 26, 2019.

1. PeloRider Win User

OneDrive vs. Local Disk Files

Hey Community, I am relatively new to using OneDrive. I have a Windows 10 machine and would like to store some files locally and some on OneDrive. I want to use OneDrive primarily for sharing files with others. I have a large number of local files (primarily images from my photography hobby) that I want to keep only locally. These files are dramatically larger than my 5 GB OneDrive limit.

Is there a way to have separate libraries in Windows Explorer, one for local documents and one for OneDrive documents? The doc libs under "this PC" point to a folder such as c:\users\myname\OneDrive, which seems to indicate that they are on the local drive but somehow linked to OneDrive?

Seeking to understand how OneDrive works in this regard and how to easily store most files on my local drive and some in OneDrive. Would really appreciate any assistance or links to information that can help me learn. Thanks in advance.

:)

PeloRider, Oct 26, 2019

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser

Hi Elias,

To resolve your concern regarding opening local files on OneDrive, follow the steps below:

• Go to
      OneDrive.com.
    • Right click on the file that you want to view.
    • Click on Download.
    • The file will be downloaded, and would normally show up on the bottom part of your browser.
    • Click the file, and it would open up using its normal default application.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Oct 26, 2019
  4. OneDrive vs. Local Disk Files

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive vs. Local Disk Files

1. OneDrive vs. Local Disk Files - Similar Threads - OneDrive Local Disk

2. explorer local files vs OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer local files vs OneDrive: How to make my local documents, pictures etc available in explorer, and do not redirect me to OneDrive all the time ?That's the worst file manager design so far. You just have no idea where are you files actually placed, complete mess....
  3. explorer local files vs OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer local files vs OneDrive: How to make my local documents, pictures etc available in explorer, and do not redirect me to OneDrive all the time ?That's the worst file manager design so far. You just have no idea where are you files actually placed, complete mess....
  4. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  5. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  6. OneDrive and local file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and local file: Hello, So all my files are usually backed up onto Onedrive or some other storage cloud. But my laptop is running low on space so I want to clear them from my laptop's local storage space to free up some space. Is it possible to delete files from my laptop without deleting...
  7. OneDrive and Local Files

OneDrive and Local Files: I cannot seem to stop this. It appears everything under THIS PC Documents, Photos, Music, etc. show both local files and OneDrive files. It gets confusing and sometimes I can't really tell but some save directly to OneDrive. How do I:Have ONLY files that are on the Local disk...
  8. OneDrive with local account vs Microsoft account

OneDrive with local account vs Microsoft account: I have windows 10 pro on my desktop computer and 2 laptops. All 3 are using a local account. I also use onedrive and sync across all three devices. All 3 devices have the same login name and same passeord. Basically no matter which machine i use, everthing is as close as i...
  9. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  10. Onedrive local files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive local files: All of my Onedrive folders/files are set to "read-only". I went to properties on the Onedrive folder and cleared the checkmark on the read-only box. Applied the change to all floders/files. It appeared to go through all of them, but when I looked at any of the files they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. difference between onedrive and local disc