Windows 10: OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC

Discus and support OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to view a Smartsheet from a vendor. My supervisor gave me a link and I clicked on it. I think OneDrive ran on my machine. In Desktop files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scott Umphrey, Dec 1, 2021.

1. OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC

I was trying to view a Smartsheet from a vendor. My supervisor gave me a link and I clicked on it. I think OneDrive ran on my machine. In Desktop files are still there but in Documents all the files are gone. Only 50% of files make it to the cloud.

:)

Scott Umphrey, Dec 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 1, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 1, 2021
  4. tfwul Win User

OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC

OneDrive not running - reset won't work - how to get latest version?

Thanks for the suggestion.
    The reason why I wanted to do a reset or re-install is to indeed get OneDrive in that list. Currently it isn't.

tfwul, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC

1. OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC - Similar Threads - OneDrive was Inadvertently

2. OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC: I was trying to view a Smartsheet from a vendor. My supervisor gave me a link and I clicked on it. I think OneDrive ran on my machine. In Desktop files are still there but in Documents all the files are gone. Only 50% of files make it to the cloud....
  3. OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive was Inadvertently Run On My PC: I was trying to view a Smartsheet from a vendor. My supervisor gave me a link and I clicked on it. I think OneDrive ran on my machine. In Desktop files are still there but in Documents all the files are gone. Only 50% of files make it to the cloud....
  4. Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

in Cortana
    Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering: Up until recently, there used to be a setting within Cortana wherein you could train it with your voice. That no longer seems to exist. Concurrently, I find that Cortana is frequently falsely triggered with sounds it hears from other sources for example, newscasts. I am...
  5. Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

in Cortana
    Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering: Up until recently, there used to be a setting within Cortana wherein you could train it with your voice. That no longer seems to exist. Concurrently, I find that Cortana is frequently falsely triggered with sounds it hears from other sources for example, newscasts. Tech...
  6. Inadvertently set up a 'sign-into account' on PC and need it removed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inadvertently set up a 'sign-into account' on PC and need it removed: Having got the family PC recently back from a service, I've been having to bit by bit reset up various aspects of the computer. One was our pc protection but forgetting that our provider was going to have to be re-downloaded, I clicked open the hidden icons and just clicked...
  7. Onedrive running wild

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive running wild: I need help quick. I had a problem with my start menu, so I restored a Macrium backup. I started working on it to add back the features and updates that were missing when it was created, but all of a sudden I discovered many files in my the 60gb My Documents folder had been...
  8. My Onedrive program won't stay running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Onedrive program won't stay running: I turn on my computer and Onedrive does it's thing...is says it's looking for changes. Then it just shuts down. It's no longer in the tray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-program-wont-stay-running/ecef9611-8d15-4f0c-90f8-0c8756e37a90"
  9. Onedrive not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive not running: Hi. Onedrive is not running on my win10 machine (no icon on taskbar and I do not see it running when I check in task manager). I must have turned it off previously but do not remember if I did or what I did. I looked under GPedit and the four onedrive items are set as not...
  10. Inadvertent Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Inadvertent Shutdown: Sometimes when I'm moving my laptop from one place to another, I inadvertently hit a key that shuts it down. I only know the correct way to shut down...go to start button then to power then to shutdown. Or force quit by holding physical power button down. What on the keyboard...