Windows 10: Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it

Discus and support Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello- Recently my onedrive has been giving me the following error on my WINDOWS 10 Pro computer: [ATTACH] These are old profile files I had from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BDenver, Oct 23, 2020.

1. BDenver Win User

Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it

Hello-

Recently my onedrive has been giving me the following error on my WINDOWS 10 Pro computer:

Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it 093c9846-2c13-4884-95c5-32ba00b293e6?upload=true.png

These are old profile files I had from a backup I did a long time ago. I have scanned them with two different virus scanners and one malware scanner with negative results plus my virus scanner scans by entire drive including onedrive files every week - these files have never come up as issues on those scans.

I ended up deleting these files from onedrive on my computer, from onedrive online, and from the onedrive recycle bin. Despite removing these files I still get this error. It looks like onedrive is still syncing my other files buthow do I get rid of this error? I have double checked on my synced computer and onedrive online and these file are no longer in my onedrive account.

So far I have:

-Deleted these files from my computer's onedrive locally, onedrive online via web browser, and the onedrive recycle bin via web browser

-Disconnected and reconnected my computer to onedrive

Still no luck getting rid of this error message.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

:)

BDenver, Oct 23, 2020
  2. cym104 Win User

onedrive detects virus false positive in some of my files and refuse to sync them

onedrive detects virus false positive in my files and refuse to sync them.

how do i disbale this virus detecting feature?

cym104, Oct 23, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Trojan Detected in OneDrive

Can I just make an observation here?

From your pic, it appears that the executable OneDrive.exe has been flagged as a virus. This sounds like a FP (false positive) to me.

I would suggest you upload that file to VirusTotal website and see what comes up there.

I have the same file on my system in the same location and it's 536KB. I do not use OneDrive on this particular machine.

I do not think you are infected with anything. Did TDSSKiller find anything on that file?

simrick, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Stop OneDrive sync

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to stop syncing of OneDrive. I’ll help you with the details.

If you wish to stop syncing on your Windows PC, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

However, we do have dedicated support team for OneDrive and you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser or Open OneDrive App, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it - Similar Threads - Onedrive detected virus

2. OneDrive has stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has stopped syncing: OneDrive says it is not signed in.Attempting to sign in, I enter the personal hotmail email address.A series of windows pop up and disappear, but no opportunity to enter a password.Finally I get"Something went wrong"Correlation Id:...
  3. OneDrive has stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has stopped syncing: OneDrive says it is not signed in.Attempting to sign in, I enter the personal hotmail email address.A series of windows pop up and disappear, but no opportunity to enter a password.Finally I get"Something went wrong"Correlation Id:...
  4. How to Stop Syncing onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Stop Syncing onedrive: Hello,I would like to know how to stop all onedrive syncing.It will not allow me to uncheck "Documents", "Downloads", "Pictures"I am tired of having to go into one drive to delete things just to have onedrive put them all back.I dont want sync!! I like placing files in...
  5. Stop Onedrive from syncing!!

Stop Onedrive from syncing!!: I hate OneDrive so much. It's hyperactive and wasting my time over and over again. I've been trying to deselect most of my folders so that they don't automatically sync. Should be simple enough but this thing is designed so poorly. Firstly you can't access the Settings...
  6. OneDrive Syncing Files

OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  7. OneDrive moving files and can't stop sync

OneDrive moving files and can't stop sync: Hi, I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10, and cloned it clean to a new drive. I disabled OneDrive because I have a personal and a work account and wanted to choose later how to set things up. The user for the computer is set up under my personal account, and has some...
  8. OneDrive deleting files and can't stop sync

OneDrive deleting files and can't stop sync: Hi, I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10, and cloned it clean to a new drive. I disabled OneDrive because I have a personal and a work account and wanted to choose later how to set things up. The user for the computer is set up under my personal account, and has some...
  9. Stop a file from syncing in OneDrive

Stop a file from syncing in OneDrive: I have a program that requires local files to be stored in the MyDocuments folder of Windows 10. That folder happens to be located in OneDrive and I don't want that folder to sync. When it does try to sync it can't merge changes with the existing folder and it creates a copy...
  10. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com