Windows 10: OneDrive - Web use in Edge Browser need to search results by Date

Discus and support OneDrive - Web use in Edge Browser need to search results by Date in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am not new to the world of MS and its wonderful software. In fact, I changed completely over to OneDrive for all of my computing storage needs 5... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by lewiedude, Nov 1, 2018.

1. lewiedude Win User

OneDrive - Web use in Edge Browser need to search results by Date

I am not new to the world of MS and its wonderful software. In fact, I changed completely over to OneDrive for all of my computing storage needs 5 years ago. Liberating to say the least....but, as I am a tad limited on my main PC (a Surface Pro v3) I choose to only sync certain folders into the integrated File Explorer folder tress associated with my OneDrive account.

As that is the case and how I do things (based on my storage limitations), I am really confused regarding the in-ability to "sort by
    date" for search results in the scenario presented above. For example, I will search for all *.docx files in OneDrive using the webapp OneDrive main page in my Edge browser. There are many hundreds/thousands of files that come
    to populate. All are in some seemingly random order.

And, I have searched high and low for settings changes that I may be able to make...to no avail. This is very frustrating and I am aghast that this sort feature wouldn't be able to be found somewhere...

Does anyone have an idea as to how to search for specific file types and then be able to sort them by date? Or, even by name??

Any help is tremendously appreciated.

:)

lewiedude, Nov 1, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Taskbar web search results

While it has nothing really to do with the taskbar, it just your web searches to return screen reader friendly results

From the Edge Webpage:

"Search for anything on the web or your device using the search box on the Windows taskbar. If you use a screen reader, follow these steps to make the web search results open in Internet Explorer instead of Microsoft Edge"

DaveM121, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Cortana is not opening Web search results in browser.

I had installed "EdgeDeflector" on my windows 10 pc, a software that forces Cortana to use google chrome/firefox instead of Microsoft edge. Now, after uninstalling the "EdgeDeflector" cortana is not opening web search
    results in any browser. Even though edge is now set as my default browser, It just shows Bing results in that small slide out panel of cortana. How do I make Cortana use edge browser again? (without "EdgeDeflector". I don't want it on my computer)

ZahidKhan3, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

OneDrive - Web use in Edge Browser need to search results by Date 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive - Web use in Edge Browser need to search results by Date - Similar Threads - OneDrive Web Edge

2. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  3. Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Group Policy: I have Cortana installed on one PC because the use says the sky will fall and the world will end of they can't talk to their computer. Really. When I enable "Don't search the web or display web results in search" group policy (Computer Configuration, Administrative Tools,...
  4. Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Grou Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Grou Policy: I have Cortana installed on one PC because the use says the sky will fall and the world will end of they can't talk to their computer. Really. When I enable "Don't search the web or display web results in search" group policy (Computer Configuration, Administrative Tools,...
  5. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  6. Onedrive not accessible with web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not accessible with web browser: when I try to log in to onedrive I get the following message using Chrome This site can’t provide a secure connection onedrive.live.com uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH and this message useing edge Cannot securely connect to this page...
  7. Edge Browser is Out Of Date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge Browser is Out Of Date: Hi All, I have websites and "what's my browswer.com" telling me my Edge is out of date. Says I have 42 and there is an update to 44. I went to settings, updates etc. my PC says I am up to date on everything. I read that the Oct windows 10 update included an update of the...
  8. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609
  9. Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results: Ever since Build 14385 and now in 14388, Cortana has been using and opening IE as the browser for showing search web results instead of Edge. Edge is set as the default browser and has been for a long time. Have checked all the settings in both Edge and IE, as well as in...
  10. Youtube search results and Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube search results and Edge Browser: Has anybody else experienced this? It only happens when I'm logged in, when I'm not search results are normal. [img] [img] 94111