Windows 10: OneDrive will not start automatically

Discus and support OneDrive will not start automatically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since last week I see that OneDrive will not start automatically on my machine, thus the sync is not working. It does work if I start OneDrive manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kjwathne, Mar 11, 2020.

1. kjwathne Win User

OneDrive will not start automatically

Since last week I see that OneDrive will not start automatically on my machine, thus the sync is not working. It does work if I start OneDrive manually - then it gets back to "normal".

This problem is on my private PC, my work PC and also today I saw that other people in another company had the same problem. It seems to be a Microsoft Windows 10 problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

:)

kjwathne, Mar 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    OneDrive fails to start automatically after login

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that OneDrive doesn’t start automatically once you login to the PC.

As you have already checked the option Start OneDrive Automatically, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc, to open
      Task Manager.
    2. Click on Startup tab, and look for
      Microsoft OneDrive.
    3. Click on it and select Enable.

Refer the screenshot below:

OneDrive will not start automatically 1c6367e0-6ddc-4cc9-a5b7-26d3daeb3e3c?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, we do have a dedicated forum for OneDrive, let me point you in the right direction, where you may get further assistance. To contact OneDrive support sign in to
    OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 11, 2020
  4. OneDrive will not start automatically

OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

I have a new install of Windows 10, fully updated. My issue is that OneDrive is no longer automatically starting when Windows starts.

I have tried selecting the setting in OneDrive, "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" but it eventually resets itself to unselected. OneDrive appears in the list of Startup apps after I select this option but eventually disappears from
    the list.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but this hasn't fixed it.

This issue did not exist before the most recent Windows 10 update.

MikeGrant65, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive will not start automatically

1. OneDrive will not start automatically - Similar Threads - OneDrive start automatically

2. OneDrive not starting automatically after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not starting automatically after restart: I am on Windows 11. Just recently, OneDrive does not start up automatically after a restart. Something keeps turning off the Enable feature in Task Manager Startup. I have gone into OneDrive – Personal Settings, and the “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to...
  3. OneDrive not starting automatically after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive not starting automatically after restart: I am on Windows 11. Just recently, OneDrive does not start up automatically after a restart. Something keeps turning off the Enable feature in Task Manager Startup. I have gone into OneDrive – Personal Settings, and the “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to...
  4. OneDrive nolonger starts up automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive nolonger starts up automatically.: For some reason today neither my pc or laptop want to startup OneDrive automatically at startup. Launch it manually it works fine. No its not a matter of selecting automatic from the Startup list in Task manager. OneDrive isn't listed there. Ideas?...
  5. OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts: I have a new install of Windows 10, fully updated. My issue is that OneDrive is no longer automatically starting when Windows starts. I have tried changing the setting in OneDrive, "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" but it eventually resets itself to...
  6. The OneDrive Setting "Start OneDrive automatically..." Periodically Unchecks Itself Every...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The OneDrive Setting "Start OneDrive automatically..." Periodically Unchecks Itself Every...: I've been encountering an issue where the OneDrive setting "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" will periodically become unchecked automatically every few days. I tried reinstalling OneDrive to resolve the issue, but the problem remains. Something...
  7. OneDrive icon is missing every time on startup and onedrive doesn't start automatically at...

OneDrive icon is missing every time on startup and onedrive doesn't start automatically at...: Hi all, I have a problem with my OneDrive: OneDrive does not start automatically at start up. Each time I have to start OneDrive manually, open settings and check "start at windows start-up". After shutting down the computer and at the next startup is the same. That means...
  8. onedrive won't start automatically, with all the updates completed and newly installed onedrive

onedrive won't start automatically, with all the updates completed and newly installed onedrive: My onedrive won't start automatically, with all the updates completed and newly installed Onedrive on Windows 10. Every time I click 'auto start with windows' on the Onedrive settings, and after reboot, it is clicked off again by something. Please help !!!...
  9. OneDrive fails to start automatically after login

OneDrive fails to start automatically after login: Hi! I'm seeing several issues related to automatically start several Microsoft applications in my Dell XPS 13 running a fully updated Windows 10. The most bothering one is failing to start OneDrive after a restart following any update automatically. Even though I set "Start...
  10. automatic photo upload to onedrive

automatic photo upload to onedrive: I'm sincerely considering to uninstall onedrive. I do not need to store my photos on onedrive or at least I must be able to decide for myself. I manage to stop the automatic picture transfere to onrdrive whenever I plugged in my phone, but after the last win 10 upgrade this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive is showing as enabled in startup but is not starting

2. onedrive does not start automatically

3. onedrive does not automatically start

4. onedrive does not start up automatically