Windows 10: OneDrive Will Not Sync. Cannot Uninstall Corrupt Version. Cannot Change Settings.

Discus and support OneDrive Will Not Sync. Cannot Uninstall Corrupt Version. Cannot Change Settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok. I have tried to unistall OneDrive. Can't do it. It won't disappear. Can't get rid of it. Have tried uninstall, several restarts, nothing. So when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jmra1959, Oct 13, 2018.

1. jmra1959 Win User

OneDrive Will Not Sync. Cannot Uninstall Corrupt Version. Cannot Change Settings.

Ok. I have tried to unistall OneDrive. Can't do it. It won't disappear. Can't get rid of it. Have tried uninstall, several restarts, nothing. So when I install the new version, it's just the same problems. Can't change settings. Nothing will sync. This happened after the damned forced updates yesterday - so that could be the cause. But I really need some help getting this back up and running.

:)

jmra1959, Oct 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 13, 2018
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10  

I see you already checked the Reg keys, but try the steps again in the tutorial.....first removing (set to 0) all, signing off and back on. Set to 1, all, and sign off and back on.

f14tomcat, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

OneDrive Will Not Sync. Cannot Uninstall Corrupt Version. Cannot Change Settings.

OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

OneDrive Will Not Sync. Cannot Uninstall Corrupt Version. Cannot Change Settings. [​IMG]

1. Switch to C: drive
    2. Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    3. Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    4. If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    5. Check that attributes r & s are removed
    6. Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

Thema:

1. OneDrive Will Not Sync. Cannot Uninstall Corrupt Version. Cannot Change Settings. - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync Cannot

2. Cannot delete desktop icon for a recently uninstalled program that was synced to OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete desktop icon for a recently uninstalled program that was synced to OneDrive...: I uninstalled a game, but the icon remained. I double-checked the ADD/REMOVE apps page to see if it was there, and it was not. So I went to delete the icon manually, and I am given this message: Well, it wont let me upload the simple .png or .jpeg. Wonderfully working...
  3. Cannot delete desktop icon for a recently uninstalled program that was synced to OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete desktop icon for a recently uninstalled program that was synced to OneDrive...: I uninstalled a game, but the icon remained. I double-checked the ADD/REMOVE apps page to see if it was there, and it was not. So I went to delete the icon manually, and I am given this message: Well, it wont let me upload the simple .png or .jpeg. Wonderfully working...
  4. Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder: A folder was not getting deleted so I tried using the command line, an error popped up saying this: So i unisnstalled OneDrive but the error still persists. I get absolutely 0 feedback when deleting the folder manually, no error message, nothing.Also the "OneDrive" folder...
  5. Cannot uninstall onedrive at control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot uninstall onedrive at control panel: Hi,Need advise as i uninstall onedrive , the prompt keep saying " please wait until current program is finished... "The rationale of uninstalling is because onedrive is not uploading to the onedrive business/sharepoint.Is my laptop corrupted?Thanks...
  6. Cannot uninstall Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot uninstall Onedrive.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NICULL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpzpfu/cannot_uninstall_onedrive/
  7. Onedrive cannot sync default.rdp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive cannot sync default.rdp: Hello, I have onedrive going across multiple pcs and one error keeps popping up. The Default.rdp file keeps popping up with "You already have a file or folder with the same name" I've tried renaming it, deleting it and it keeps coming back (every time I use rdp)....
  8. Cannot sync files to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sync files to OneDrive: I am unable to sync files on my Mac with OneDrive. I tried everything, which I can but nothing helps. I receive an error message saying You must be signed in to save edits due to cached internet connection failure or You must be signed in to change the location of this file....
  9. cannot to sync data in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot to sync data in OneDrive: I cannot sync data in OneDrive and my computer requires that I contact my system administrator to enable sync. I am a system administrator on my home computer but I don’t know what I can do to fix this issue....
  10. OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud: Since upgrading to Windows 10 build 1803 my OneDrive is perpetually "updating files." In addition system restore does not work because it cannot extract OneDrive from a restore point. That's probably because it times out waiting for OneDrive to finish a sync. I've tried...