Windows 10: onedrive/win 10 how to display user desktop from user folder and not desktop in onedrive folder

Discus and support onedrive/win 10 how to display user desktop from user folder and not desktop in onedrive folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a one drive folder on the C:\ drive. My pc desktop is displaying the desktop from onedrive and not my desktop from my user desktop folder Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanT_8173, Mar 27, 2019.

1. onedrive/win 10 how to display user desktop from user folder and not desktop in onedrive folder

I have a one drive folder on the C:\ drive. My pc desktop is displaying the desktop from onedrive and not my desktop from my user desktop folder Can I change this without deleting onedrive from my system

:)

AlanT_8173, Mar 27, 2019
  2. CraigLong Win User

Desktop folder in OneDrive

When you turn on Desktop
    Folder Protection
    your Desktop folder moves into your OneDrive which backs it up and syncs it to your other devices. You can turn off Desktop protection in the OneDrive Settings at the
    Auto Save tab > Update Folders but you will then have to manually move your files back to the Desktop folder in your User's folder. I would leave the Desktop folders alone but just move the files.

CraigLong, Mar 27, 2019
  3. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete
    for more so. The OneDrive/documents is populated with files, but the c:/users/documents/ has no files, The 'Quick Access' list is compete and properly populated. Shall I generate the file structure in the /users/%username%/ folder? Any good articles?

Thanks. Howard

HowardSartori, Mar 27, 2019
  4. onedrive/win 10 how to display user desktop from user folder and not desktop in onedrive folder

Desktop folder in OneDrive

Hi Kaustubh,

Are you able to send some screenshots to me if the folder contents?

If you navigate to C:\users\YourUserAccount you don’t see your desktop folder in there? If you believe that desktop folder was moved to the OneDrive folder, you should be able to click and drag it back. I’d open both locations (OneDrive and C:Users\User) side
    by side, and try to drag it over.

Let me know how you make out, and we’ll go from there.

- C

Charlie Klausen, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

onedrive/win 10 how to display user desktop from user folder and not desktop in onedrive folder

1. onedrive/win 10 how to display user desktop from user folder and not desktop in onedrive folder - Similar Threads - onedrive display user

2. How to get my displayed Desktop to NOT be the OneDrive Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my displayed Desktop to NOT be the OneDrive Desktop Folder: With the new storage restrictions coming up in February 2024, I'm removing everything from OneDrive; however, my displayed desktop is in my OneDrive folder. I've uninstalled OneDrive from my computer, but it's still showing that one, and not the Desktop folder under...
  3. How to get my displayed Desktop to NOT be the OneDrive Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my displayed Desktop to NOT be the OneDrive Desktop Folder: With the new storage restrictions coming up in February 2024, I'm removing everything from OneDrive; however, my displayed desktop is in my OneDrive folder. I've uninstalled OneDrive from my computer, but it's still showing that one, and not the Desktop folder under...
  4. How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?: I merged my desktop folder with my Onedrive folder accidentally. please help me how to separate them as lots of documents present in the onedrive folder is visible on desktop....
  5. How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?

How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder?: I merged my desktop folder with my Onedrive folder accidentally. please help me how to separate them as lots of documents present in the onedrive folder is visible on desktop....
  6. Regarding OneDrive folder in user

Regarding OneDrive folder in user: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc yet their is a folder in user. I tried deleting it and that made me lost all of my data in my Docs and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and what ever it...
  7. Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?: I removed/uninstalled OneDrive but I still have a OneDrive folder and most of my files are in that folder including my documents, pics and desktop. While my computer seems to work okay can I restore the location of these files in my user folder rather than in the OneDrive...
  8. Desktop folder is in OneDrive

Desktop folder is in OneDrive: I got a new PC and going through the windows explorer I discovered that the desktop folder is placed in OneDrive subfolder rather than directly in users folder . Is there any way I can move it back to C:/Users/<User> [ATTACH]...
  9. Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?: Why are This PC folders like Documents or Pictures located in users/OneDrive folder as default location ? When I open the Documents folder properties, the target location is stored in users/.../OneDrive/Documents. Thank you [ATTACH]...
  10. Desktop folder in OneDrive

Desktop folder in OneDrive: I got a new laptop and going through the windows explorer I discovered that the desktop folder is placed in OneDrive subfolder rather than directly in users folder . Is there any way I can move it back to C:/Users/<User> Hope for a quick reply....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file:///C:/Users/gerar/Desktop/my onedrive.pdf

2. display user folder desktop

3. pc displaying onedrive desktop