Windows 10: Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder...

Discus and support Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an M2 SATA SSD as my C drive with Win10 installed on it. Other than SSD, I have three partitions of HDD Drive. I am using Onedrive with its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fighting Falcon1, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder...

I have an M2 SATA SSD as my C drive with Win10 installed on it. Other than SSD, I have three partitions of HDD Drive. I am using Onedrive with its parent synching folder located in E drive a partition of HDD. Also I am junctioning/ linking my desktop & downloads folders located in C drive SSD to Onedrive for synching the changes in real time. There is also another folder in my G drive HDD being used for junctioning/ linking with one drive.I am facing a glitch that whenever my Onedrive is running; my File Explorer/ This PC/ Desktop/ Download, literally any folder access gets hanged. I

:)

Fighting Falcon1, Feb 5, 2023

2. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • Resolved an issue were the "Delete file", "Sort by Size", and "Export file" buttons would run into the "About" button and cause the "Directory Size Utility" to crash.
    • New right click menu("Get folder...", "Open folder") for folder list.
    • New right click menu("Launch file", "Delete file") for file list.
    • Aligned total folder size at the bottom to center the program.
    • Double clicking the file in file list will now launch the file.
    Download here!

Mindweaver, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder...

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder...

1. Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder... - Similar Threads - Onedrive Parent Directory

2. Opening File Explorer or THIS PC causes sleeping HDD to wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening File Explorer or THIS PC causes sleeping HDD to wake: So I noticed somewhat recently on Windows 11 that whenever I open "THIS PC"/File Explorer in order to browse my files, it automatically wakes my sleeping HDD. Before, it would only wake the hard drive if I attempted to browse the hard drive itself. Any ideas how to get this...
  3. Opening File Explorer or THIS PC causes sleeping HDD to wake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening File Explorer or THIS PC causes sleeping HDD to wake: So I noticed somewhat recently on Windows 11 that whenever I open "THIS PC"/File Explorer in order to browse my files, it automatically wakes my sleeping HDD. Before, it would only wake the hard drive if I attempted to browse the hard drive itself. Any ideas how to get this...
  4. Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder...: I have an M2 SATA SSD as my C drive with Win10 installed on it. Other than SSD, I have three partitions of HDD Drive. I am using Onedrive with its parent synching folder located in E drive a partition of HDD. Also I am junctioning/ linking my desktop & downloads folders...
  5. Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive with Parent Directory in HDD causing Issues in File Explorer/ This PC/ Any Folder...: I have an M2 SATA SSD as my C drive with Win10 installed on it. Other than SSD, I have three partitions of HDD Drive. I am using Onedrive with its parent synching folder located in E drive a partition of HDD. Also I am junctioning/ linking my desktop & downloads folders...
  6. When I access any folder in file explorer, it causes file explorer to crash, taskbar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I access any folder in file explorer, it causes file explorer to crash, taskbar...: Hi, I have a 5 year old hp laptop and whenever I try to access folders in file explorer, it crashes and causes shortcuts to not work, icons go black when I hover on them and my screensaver goes black, this only just started happening this week after a security update. I...
  7. When I access any folder in file explorer, it causes file explorer to crash, taskbar...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I access any folder in file explorer, it causes file explorer to crash, taskbar...: Hi, I have a 5 year old hp laptop and whenever I try to access folders in file explorer, it crashes and causes shortcuts to not work, icons go black when I hover on them and my screensaver goes black, this only just started happening this week after a security update. I...
  8. OneDrive Folder on HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Folder on HDD: Windows 10 returned only a black screen after the latest update. To fix this I decided to reinstall Window 10 altogether. Once done, I logged into OneDrive I use Office 365 for Family. When I tried to change the OneDrive destination to the OTHER HDD on my system where I...
  9. Any reliable way to get the parent folder in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any reliable way to get the parent folder in File Explorer?: I noticed that if you click the Documents folder on the navigation pane and then want to go to the parent folder, the usual parent folder shortcuts don't work (such as Alt+↑ or backspace), they instead get you to "This PC". Is there any shortcut to get the real parent folder?...
  10. Move all files inside folders to parent directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Move all files inside folders to parent directory: Hello, First of all, I would like to apologize if this topic is not in the correct forum. My problem is the following: I have a folder (let's call it BASKET), inside that folder I have many other folders (for the sake of the example, I will name for example 3 folders -...