Windows 10: OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10

Discus and support OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased Office 365 Business and began to install the software on 3 computers: home, work, and laptop. The install for the work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ILostMyPants, Jan 9, 2018.

1. OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10

Hello,

I recently purchased Office 365 Business and began to install the software on 3 computers: home, work, and laptop. The install for the work and laptop computers (Win 7 & Win 10) went perfect but for some reason I cannot get OneDrive to work on my Win 10 computer at home. All of the other software for Office 365 works as intended on the home computer.

OneDrive shows in the start menu but is not shown in the taskbar below and has not created a favorites link in windows explorer. Clicking on the link manually does nothing. I cannot find anything in the event logs, have tried resetting OneDrive via the command prompt, and have uninstalled/reinstalled the program without success.

Anyone familiar with a problem like this?

Much appreciated.

:)

ILostMyPants, Jan 9, 2018
  2. ScottE7 Win User

error code 0x80240014 Neflix App will nt install Win 10

Well I was able to install it on another computer running WIn 10 and it runs fine. Not sure why it's won't install on the other computer that I recently upgraded to Win 10.

ScottE7, Jan 9, 2018
  3. LCromwell Win User
    Win 10 wants me to run my Win 7 disc to fix something.

I'm sorry, win 10 won't install. the sugestion was for me to run my Win 7 install disc and select upgrade from it and then I should be able to get win 10 to install. im not at home right now so I dont have the download number that is causing the problems.

LCromwell, Jan 9, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10

Nearly all the problems I've heard about with OneDrive that comes with Win10 is that it gets in the way of some things and those folks want to turn it off. There's usually an icon in the Notification Area, click the little up arrow at the left of the others to get a full list. Or right-click the Taskbar, click Taskbar Settings then wade through the various settings available.

Berton, Jan 9, 2018
  5. Unfortunately, that's not it. It's not even listed as an option to hide as a taskbar notification. When installing the program it never asked for where the directory was to be located or the account info, it's as if it partially installed but gave no error message.

6. Berton Win User
    Only other thing that comes to mind is whether the computer is logged onto as a Local Account or Microsoft Account.

Berton, Jan 9, 2018
  7. The computer is logged on as a local account. I also tried setting up another local account to try OneDrive from but the same issue persists. I appreciate your suggestions though.

8. dmholt57 Win User

@Microsoft... OneDrive requires an active Microsoft account.

dmholt57, Jan 9, 2018
  9. I do have a Microsoft account, so for clarification:

OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10 [​IMG]

I can save files through the office programs directly to OneDrive as shown above.

It's the OneDrive program itself that does not load at start up, does not show in the task bar, and this link in the menu bar does nothing:

OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10 [​IMG]

I can't find anything in the event viewer that leads to clues as to the cause, does anyone know where I might find some sort of indication?

Thanks

ILostMyPants, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10 - Similar Threads - OneDrive won't install

2. OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?: Win 7: OneDrive Desktop cannot install. 'No KERNEL32 entry point' GDrive, MegaSync, Dropbox Desktop Apps have no issue installing. System32 has kernel32.dll in it.The problem is with OneDrive Desktop. Needs fixing for Win 7 use....
  3. OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?: Win 7: OneDrive Desktop cannot install. 'No KERNEL32 entry point' GDrive, MegaSync, Dropbox Desktop Apps have no issue installing. System32 has kernel32.dll in it.The problem is with OneDrive Desktop. Needs fixing for Win 7 use....
  4. win 10 won't run backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 won't run backup: I am running win 10 on a surface pro 4 with the latest updates from MS. I have never used the backup option in Settings. Today I turned it on and selected only one folder, Documents, to backup. I selected my removable SD card as the backup drive. When I press the button...
  5. win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :

win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :: i have a costume PC build and every time i try to install win 8 or 10 , its install and after finish the system stake and never work , i try to Chang the hard drive and nothing happened , but win 7 it's work very good my PC spec : i5-4690k 16gb ram gtx 970 MB :...
  6. My Onedrive program won't stay running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Onedrive program won't stay running: I turn on my computer and Onedrive does it's thing...is says it's looking for changes. Then it just shuts down. It's no longer in the tray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-program-wont-stay-running/ecef9611-8d15-4f0c-90f8-0c8756e37a90"
  7. Clean install win 10 on win 7 running PC

Clean install win 10 on win 7 running PC: I have intel i5 6th generation PC that has Windows 7 Professional 32bit. If I do windows 10 clean install Can I get windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-win-10-on-win-7-running-pc/29e86df3-77a2-4af8-9b7a-7b9fcadbe3c8
  8. Onedrive in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onedrive in Win 10: I can't sync OneDrive on My PC with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-in-win-10/887de869-1587-4243-84a2-b6a6cce50a19
  9. Java Installer Won't Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java Installer Won't Run: Anytime I try to install Java on my friend's computer, the installer doesn't even work. I get the loading wheel for a split second, then nothing happens. Her computer seems to be corrupt or something, but when I run the sfc, it doesn't find any issues and the chkdsk doesn't...
  10. Win 10 OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 OneDrive: What's the capacity of OneDrive on Win 10 Pro x64? I see it in the Users folder. If you save a backup disk to OneDrive, from a non-system disk on your system, does it take up twice as much space on the PC's storage? If so, then the folders and files would be in three...