Windows 10: OneDrive won't launch after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support OneDrive won't launch after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the Windows update 1809 was being installed a couple of weeks ago, the update stalled. I restarted my PC and then couldn’t boot. I was forced to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArZi(2), Oct 24, 2018.

1. ArZi(2) Win User

OneDrive won't launch after latest Windows 10 update

As the Windows update 1809 was being installed a couple of weeks ago, the update stalled. I restarted my PC and then couldn’t boot. I was forced to reset my PC when it wouldn’t boot, and I chose the option to keep my files. I reinstalled software that had been deleted by the reset, including OneDrive. However, although my OneDrive files are still on my PC, OneDrive won’t launch at startup or run when I try to launch it manually. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled OneDrive several times with no resolution. I’m never prompted during OneDrive setup to enter my email address. I verified that OneDrive is the Startup tab in Task manager. I tried a Safe Start. I reset OneDrive. OneDrive is NOT listed in the choice of icons to appear on the taskbar. I ran a system file checker tool—no reports of integrity violations.

:)

ArZi(2), Oct 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive won't launch after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - OneDrive won't launch

2. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  3. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  4. After reinstalling, OneDrive will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After reinstalling, OneDrive will not launch: I tried to download and reinstall it again but it didn’t help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reinstalling-onedrive-will-not-launch/52b8e84f-e361-44ef-9346-fb2506dbff9d
  5. Latest update launches Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update launches Edge: Hi a recent up-date has started launching Edge on start up. I have tried everything I can find online to stop this but none of it works. Can someone please tell me how to stop this daily annoyance? Thank you...
  6. Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809: Hello, yesterday I updated my Windows 10 to version 1809 using the upgrade tool thingy from the microsoft website. Everything went fine, everything works fine (I thought) and deleted the old windows restore point thing because I like my free storage. So after using...
  7. Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809: Hello, yesterday I updated my Windows 10 to version 1809 using the upgrade tool thingy from the microsoft website. Everything went fine, everything works fine (I thought) and deleted the old windows restore point thing because I like my free storage. So after using...
  8. Netflix won't work after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Netflix won't work after latest Windows 10 update: Hi I installed the latest Windows 10 updates last night and after that my Netflix app stopped working. It would load but when I tried to play a title it would crash. I though "I'll try reinstalling it", so I uninstalled it and opened up Microsoft Store. Loaded fine, but...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot after latest update: I have a laptop that applied the 1803 update yesterday. After it got done, it came up to a screen asking what language keyboard to use. After clicking US, it came up to the Recovery screen with the options for Continue (Exit and continue to Windows Rollback) Use another OS...
  10. Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update: Since the last Windows Update, my Windows 10 computers won't automatically go to sleep after set time. I can still manually put them to sleep, but it would be good if auto sleep worked again. Any ideas? *Think 100426

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive wont launch windows 10

2. start /wait onedrivesetup.exe /update /restart

3. onedrive wont launch

4. one drive wont launch on windows 10 PC,
  5. One drive wont update