Windows 10: OneDrive won't let me sync to my external drive

Discus and support OneDrive won't let me sync to my external drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using Office 365 and the OneDrive storage that comes with my subscription. This problem appeared after I replaced my old computer that ran Win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom W_894, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Tom W_894 Win User

OneDrive won't let me sync to my external drive

I'm using Office 365 and the OneDrive storage that comes with my subscription.

This problem appeared after I replaced my old computer that ran Win7 with a new computer than runs Win10. In other words I'm using a clean install of Win10.

On my old Win7 computer my 1tb 365 OneDrive was synced with a folder on my 4tb external USB drive.

Now I want to re-establish that sync with my new Win10 computer. I want the same 1tb of 365 OneDrive storage to sync to the same folder on my 4tb external hard drive. It's not working.

When I try to configure OneDrive to sync to that folder on my external hard drive, I get a pop-up warning with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle and the message: "You can't open this location using this program. Please try a different location."

I don't know if it's relevant, but OneDrive seems to be merging my 5gb of free personal OneDrive storage with my 1tb of 365 storage. I read that there has been a lot of confusion caused by these two types of OneDrive getting tangled with each other, and I don't know if that's related to my problem. I don't see any option to separate them.

:)

Tom W_894, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Solidjeuh Win User

Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive

Hey all,

I installed "Onedrive Backup" on my server. It auto backups my whole server to my Onedrive account. Now I would like to sync just that 1 folder from my Onedrive to an external drive on my PC. Is that possible?

Solidjeuh, Jun 8, 2020
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 8, 2020
  4. OneDrive won't let me sync to my external drive

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive won't let me sync to my external drive

1. OneDrive won't let me sync to my external drive - Similar Threads - OneDrive won't let

2. Onedrive won't let me log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive won't let me log in.: Onedrive won't let me log in to my email address. At login it displays one of my non Microsoft email addresses. When I retype my onedrive email account address, after a delay it comes back an error occurred....
  3. Onedrive won't let me log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive won't let me log in.: Onedrive won't let me log in to my email address. At login it displays one of my non Microsoft email addresses. When I retype my onedrive email account address, after a delay it comes back an error occurred....
  4. Onedrive won't let me log in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my OneDrive not letting me sync?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my OneDrive not letting me sync?: This is a new computer but I had other files on OneDrive from the old computer. I added a file and put it in the OneDrive folder, and then was told the file was too large and I had to upgrade to have more storage. I did not. I deleted items from OneDrive not realizing they...
  6. Why is my OneDrive not letting me sync?

Why is my OneDrive not letting me sync?: This is a new computer but I had other files on OneDrive from the old computer. I added a file and put it in the OneDrive folder, and then was told the file was too large and I had to upgrade to have more storage. I did not. I deleted items from OneDrive not realizing they...
  7. It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive: For some reason when I try and install a game onto my external hard drive it says that the location isn't set up for installing games and when I tried to change it from my C drive to my D drive it came up with a thing that said "Delete Other Apps" and when I press yes there...
  8. OneDrive consuming my hard drive and won't let me delete things.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive consuming my hard drive and won't let me delete things.: Long story short, OneDrive copies my documents folder where all the primary files for the games I play are stored and then stores a second local copy. The OneDrive copy; whose files I do notneed, is consuming 59 gbs and counting. I tried deleting the unneeded content of this...
  9. Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive

Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive: Hey all, I installed "Onedrive Backup" on my server. It auto backups my whole server to my Onedrive account. Now I would like to sync just that 1 folder from my Onedrive to an external drive on my PC. Is that possible? 137980
  10. OneDrive won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't let me sign in: I recently "refreshed" my Windows 10 image after OneDrive and multiple other apps started giving me .dll errors. OneDrive is running in the background with a grey cloud. I try clicking on "Sign In" but nothing happens. I try going to Settings>Account>Add Account but...