Windows 10: OneDrive won't rename folder on my computer, but it will on my laptop.

Discus and support OneDrive won't rename folder on my computer, but it will on my laptop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, There is a folder on my OneDrive that won't allow me to rename the folder as it says in the following message below: [ATTACH] On my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shareef Ahmad Naeem, Jan 14, 2021.

1. OneDrive won't rename folder on my computer, but it will on my laptop.

Hello,

There is a folder on my OneDrive that won't allow me to rename the folder as it says in the following message below:

OneDrive won't rename folder on my computer, but it will on my laptop. 1100ff4a-a05f-4b90-99c8-2d5d657a4611?upload=true.png

On my desktop computer, I wanted to rename the folder from "MSJC - 2020-21" to "MSJC - 2020-21 Fall 2020", but I got this error message and then the folder kept syncing for hours. I then went to the OneDrive website and renamed the folder and then I checked the OneDrive manager from the taskbar tray and it came up with this message:

OneDrive won't rename folder on my computer, but it will on my laptop. 000ac0d2-a6ff-41a5-bfa4-6be07ef68167?upload=true.png

The problem is that it keeps saying that this folder is open, but neither is the folder open on my computer nor is there any file within the folder that is open.

I started up my laptop to see how OneDrive was doing and this folder was successfully renamed on OneDrive on my laptop.

I restarted my desktop computer and OneDrive still has the same error message.

I was wondering if there was something going on in Task Manager, but I don't want to figure it out in case I accidentally click 'End Task' for a program that could potentially cause the computer to stop working.

How do I solve this error?

:)

Shareef Ahmad Naeem, Jan 14, 2021

2. Cannot rename files and folders in OneDrive

Hi,

Failure to rename the folders stored in your OneDrive folder may indicate a possible sync error. As an initial step to refresh OneDrive, you can unlink the account by performing the steps provided on this

link
    to re-sync your folders. Once your done, check if you encounter the same error.

In addition, sign-in to your account through
    onedrive.live.com
    and check if you can rename folders through the web.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Jan 14, 2021
  4. OneDrive won't rename folder on my computer, but it will on my laptop.

Can't rename folder.

Thank you for following the steps. What we can try is using the Command Prompt to rename the folder. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "command prompt".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter this command: cd /X: (X represents the drive where the folder is).
    • Copy and paste this command after entering the first one: icacls * /T /Q /C /RESET.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows

Dennis Mop, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive won't rename folder on my computer, but it will on my laptop.

1. OneDrive won't rename folder on my computer, but it will on my laptop. - Similar Threads - OneDrive won't rename

2. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  3. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  4. rename my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename my computer: i want to rename my computer from ZZQWINKY TO LEHULU K https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-my-computer/2bd9ef45-7d6f-488d-8cbc-0a74eff7082d
  5. rename my computer

rename my computer: i want to rename my computer from ZZQWINKY TO LEHULU K https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-my-computer/2bd9ef45-7d6f-488d-8cbc-0a74eff7082d
  6. My Document folders are NO LONGER on my computer but only on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Document folders are NO LONGER on my computer but only on OneDrive: The folder Document no longer contains my documents. Why? How can I get them back? I also want to stop OneDrive and the AutoSave functions. Thank you....
  7. My Document folders are NO LONGER on my computer but only on OneDrive

My Document folders are NO LONGER on my computer but only on OneDrive: The folder Document no longer contains my documents. Why? How can I get them back? I also want to stop OneDrive and the AutoSave functions. Thank you....
  8. ProText renamed my D_drive and my computer won't let me change it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ProText renamed my D_drive and my computer won't let me change it: I downloaded latex'/protext to use and then it renamed my D_drive to Protext-DVD 2020, I am the only admin on this computer and everytime i try to rename the drive it says you need administrator privileges to change it. I have no idea what to do to fix this. Any help would be...
  9. renaming the user in my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    renaming the user in my laptop: want to change my name in the laptop from: C:\User\akhil> to C:\User\akhila> need help in changing to the above mentioned thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-the-user-in-my-laptop/95834028-3ab3-4e2f-b374-5e9fe5788c42
  10. My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My oneDrive folder has disappeared from my desktop computer, but not my laptop: I have been using OneDrive to access files from my laptop to my desktop and back, and as of yesterday, the One Drive folder no longer appears in my files when I open File Explorer on my Desktop - though it is still visible on my Laptop. They are both Dell computers. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant rename onedrive folder