Windows 10: OneDrive won't start

Discus and support OneDrive won't start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to manually start the OneDrive app on my PC that syncs with the cloud. The little 'circle of progress' shows for less then a second,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sgage, May 18, 2017.

1. sgage Win User

OneDrive won't start

I am unable to manually start the OneDrive app on my PC that syncs with the cloud. The little 'circle of progress' shows for less then a second, then... nothing. Any ideas?

TIA...

:)

sgage, May 18, 2017

2. Not able to log in to Windows 10

The log in screen won't even come up to let me put my password in. The background picture is there and when I hit the mouse the screen blanks out.

Original title: [Not able to log on to one drive]

Moved from: [OneDrive / Getting started with OneDrive / Signing into OneDrive / OneDrive in Windows 10]

confoundit, May 18, 2017
  3. bad/corrupt files windows 10

I disabled OneDrive from start up the other day and I just noticed that OneDrive won't open. The process starts to run but then disappears, no window opens for OneDrive. I tried reinstalling OneDrive but no dice, same thing happens when I try to open
    it. I ran the system file checker and it says there are file errors pertaining to adcjavas.inc but it cannot repair. How do I repair bad files in windows 10?

k1234567890123456789, May 18, 2017
  4. Rocky Win User

OneDrive won't start

What happens when you go to File Explorer and just click on OneDrive?

Have you ever saved any files in OneDrive?

What happens when you open OneDrive and drag and drop a file into OneDrive?

Rocky, May 18, 2017
  5. Rocky Win User
    The reason why I asked you all of that is because I use OneDrive as a regular file location, I am unaware that there is an app that relates to OneDrive.

Rocky, May 18, 2017
  6. Rocky Win User
    There is one other thing that I just thought of. How are you signed into your Windows 10 device, with a local account or a Microsoft account? You might not be able to access OneDrive storage if you are signed into your device using a local account.

Rocky, May 18, 2017
  7. My OneDrive is syncing correctly, and neither the Taskbar icon, or the files in OneDrive have any indicators like say Dropbox does (green circle with checkmark). When OneDrive syncs it shows a blue circle icon on the OneDrive cloud icon on the Taskbar, but goes away when sync is complete. Are you sure you're not just thinking it's not working because there is no "sync OK" indicator? If you add/remove a file does it show the sync indicator, and then it goes away? If so then it's working correctly.

Bobby Phoenix, May 18, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

OneDrive won't start

There should be an indicator if you hover your cursor over the taskbar icon.

If it isn't working there are logs in C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\logs which may give a clue.

9. Yes I get that pop-up when I hover, but I was talking about the static icon. It doesn't show anything like Dropbox or Windows Defender does. And you can tell if it's working by it being white. If it's not working the color changes to an off grey. A lot darker that what you see here.

OneDrive won't start [​IMG]

Bobby Phoenix, May 18, 2017
  10. mrgeek Win User
    sgage: I am unable to manually start the OneDrive app on my PC that syncs with the cloud. The little 'circle of progress' shows for less then a second, then... nothing. Any ideas?

I've occasionally had this happen also, where I click the tile or shortcut and nothing happens. You could try two things.
    1) reset Onedrive. Win+R, type - %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset It may take a minute or two for icon to reappear. This will totally resync all your content so it may take a while.
    If the icon does not reappear after reset and 5 mins, then force it by Win+R, type - %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe then OK
    2) r-click system tray icon, then Settings, then Account tab. Click 'Unlink this PC' You'll be prompted to set up your account again with your MS sign-in as if you're a first time user.
    Good Luck

mrgeek, May 18, 2017
  11. sgage Win User
    Thanks mrgeek, and to all of you for your suggestions! The reset of OneDrive did the trick. This was the first time I've encountered this issue. I tried a few other things I picked up from internet searching, but the reset worked. Thanks again!

sgage, May 19, 2017
  12. mrgeek Win User
    Good to hear. I use Onedrive a lot to share content. Please mark topic solved so others with the same issue can find your thread easier. Thanks and Cheers

mrgeek, May 19, 2017
  13. sgage Win User

OneDrive won't start

Actually, I did mark it solved when I posted my last comment, but it didn't seem to 'take'. Now the button says "Mark Unsolved". I'll try marking it unsolved, then mark it solved again...

[edit: That seems to have worked.]

sgage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive won't start

1. OneDrive won't start - Similar Threads - OneDrive won't start

2. Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start: I was working fine yesterday then realized Onedrive personal was not running and only Onedrive Business was running, but not syncing all the files. In looking at my system tray it said I had an update to process. I am not sure if this update was Onedrive, but not sure it was...
  3. Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start: I was working fine yesterday then realized Onedrive personal was not running and only Onedrive Business was running, but not syncing all the files. In looking at my system tray it said I had an update to process. I am not sure if this update was Onedrive, but not sure it was...
  4. Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive Won't Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Won't Start: I recently ran into an issue where OneDrive 22.033.0213.0002 would not start. When i would manually run Onedrive Onedrive and Onedrive for business icons would not show up in the system tray or task manager. Using the Onedrive /reset command did not fix the issue.Doing an...
  6. Onedrive Won't Start

Onedrive Won't Start: I recently ran into an issue where OneDrive 22.033.0213.0002 would not start. When i would manually run Onedrive Onedrive and Onedrive for business icons would not show up in the system tray or task manager. Using the Onedrive /reset command did not fix the issue.Doing an...
  7. Onedrive Won't Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. onedrive won't signin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive won't signin: onedrive wont complete signin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-wont-signin/b749cf33-e587-4782-a157-007e02e432fa
  9. OneDrive won't start . . . AT ALL

OneDrive won't start . . . AT ALL: I noticed the OneDrive icon missing from my Notification Area, so I tried to run it from the Start Menu, but nothing happens. So, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. As it went through the set-up, it appeared to start, but then the icon disappeared again, and I was unable...
  10. onedrive won't start automatically, with all the updates completed and newly installed onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    onedrive won't start automatically, with all the updates completed and newly installed onedrive: My onedrive won't start automatically, with all the updates completed and newly installed Onedrive on Windows 10. Every time I click 'auto start with windows' on the Onedrive settings, and after reboot, it is clicked off again by something. Please help !!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive.exe doesnt start

2. one drive wont start

3. onedrive wont start up

4. onedrive app wont start,
  5. windows10 phone one drve wont start