Windows 10: OneDrive Won't Sync

Discus and support OneDrive Won't Sync in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 1TB of online storage thanks to Office 365 subscription. I use it on my desktop, laptop, and rarely on my phone (LG G7+), both with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cliffflip, Nov 22, 2018.

1. cliffflip Win User

OneDrive Won't Sync

Hi, I have 1TB of online storage thanks to Office 365 subscription. I use it on my desktop, laptop, and rarely on my phone (LG G7+), both with OneDrive app and Solid Explorer. I just noticed that my laptop won't sync with my desktop and phone. If I paste files in OneDrive folder on my laptop, it stays there, can't be seen on my desktop and phone. Other way around, if I paste from desktop or phone (vice versa), I can see the files on both devices, but not on my laptop.

Also, the icon on my taskbar laptop indicates that OneDrive is always 'looking for changes' while on my desktop it's 'up to date'. Apps on my devices is up to date, including Windows update. And I have more than enough storage on all my devices. I can 'force update' OneDrive folder on my laptop by quitting the app and relaunch it, but it only works for downloading 1 file, after that, the same problem occurs.

Please help. thanks in advance

:)

cliffflip, Nov 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 22, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive Won't Sync [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Nov 22, 2018
  4. tops Win User

OneDrive Won't Sync

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

OneDrive Won't Sync

1. OneDrive Won't Sync - Similar Threads - OneDrive Won't Sync

2. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Sync: I have always been confused about the file structure and display around OD on my computer.In the beginning, I only had a Documents folder Well more, of course, but this is where my confusion arises. I jumped right onto OD. So, I started with:C:\Me\DocumentsAfter setting up...
  3. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Sync: I have always been confused about the file structure and display around OD on my computer.In the beginning, I only had a Documents folder Well more, of course, but this is where my confusion arises. I jumped right onto OD. So, I started with:C:\Me\DocumentsAfter setting up...
  4. Onedrive syncing

Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  5. Onedrive syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  6. OneDrive won't sync or reinstall

OneDrive won't sync or reinstall: I tried to reinstall OneDrive after sync issues.First I ran uninstall from apps & programs. That didn't work.Then I ran uninstall from appwiz.cpl. It will not uninstall OneDrive. It is always here:I have followed all other forum answers that I can find related to removing...
  7. Particular folder in onedrive won't sync

Particular folder in onedrive won't sync: I have selected make all folders available under choose folders. However, I have this one particular folder that just won't sync I've tried turning sync on and off, pausing and restarting, restarting onedrive, unselecting make all folders available and then reselecting...
  8. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  9. OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10

OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10: I am have two problems with 1DfB. 1. It won't let me choose a sync location on my other hard drive. Could it be becase that Hardrive is formatted to exFAT? The error I get says: Sorry, we can't save your documents to the chosen location. Try picking a differnt place on...
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 onedrive synk stuck

2. my onedrive wont sync

3. onedrive wont sync since january 1 2019

4. we cant sync your onedrive