Windows 10: OneDrive won't upload "desktop.ini" -- but which one?

Discus and support OneDrive won't upload "desktop.ini" -- but which one? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 1,782 'desktop.ini' files on my Window 10 desktop PC with 1809. It would be helpful if this error message showed the file path. And I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimField, Jan 28, 2019.

1. TimField Win User

OneDrive won't upload "desktop.ini" -- but which one?

I have 1,782 'desktop.ini' files on my Window 10 desktop PC with 1809. It would be helpful if this error message showed the file path. And I don't think "changing the file name" would be a good idea for a desktop.ini file and that's not the problem anyway--it's "characters that aren't allowed."

OneDrive won't upload "desktop.ini" -- but which one? 5caf52c8-de8d-4a81-9db6-e5f9aa5a192d?upload=true.png

:)

TimField, Jan 28, 2019

2. Onedrive uploads not happening - clocking but no upload

Hi Rohn,

The issue that you’ve encountered uploading your files to OneDrive may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    fix OneDrive sync problems. Once you’re on the
    page, you may expand and proceed with the steps in each option under the
    Fix sync issues with the new OneDrive personal sync client
    section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 28, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. OneDrive won't upload "desktop.ini" -- but which one? - Similar Threads - OneDrive won't upload

2. OneDrive Upload, won't progress / skip duplicates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Upload, won't progress / skip duplicates: Hello all,I'm trying to upload roughly 1,000 photos or more to OneDrive. I am not using the sync feature as that seems to be completely borked. Instead I am using onedrive.live.com and manually selected Upload.Progress has halted as it says it has found 215 items with the...
  3. OneDrive Upload, won't progress / skip duplicates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Upload, won't progress / skip duplicates: Hello all,I'm trying to upload roughly 1,000 photos or more to OneDrive. I am not using the sync feature as that seems to be completely borked. Instead I am using onedrive.live.com and manually selected Upload.Progress has halted as it says it has found 215 items with the...
  4. OneDrive Upload, won't progress / skip duplicates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  6. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  7. Onedrive Uploads

Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  8. uploading to OneDrive

uploading to OneDrive: I was uploading a very large file onto OneDrive I only had the free version. It stopped uploading as I was out of space. On a different device I upgraded & paid for one of the premium packages. The device I was uploading on did not detect the upgrade. I logged out and...
  9. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  10. Laptop or a Desktop Which one??

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop or a Desktop Which one??: Good day to all. I have a desktop running windows seven home premium,Also have a Acer laptop was running 8.1 now running windows ten. My question is I will be interested in upgrading my desktop to windows ten,But would like to have some advice Please. Which one would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop.ini onedrive sync error

2. onedrive desktop.ini

3. onedrive desktop.ini error

4. onedrive desktop.ini file sync,
  5. one drive sync desktop.ini error,
  6. desktop.ini onedrive,
  7. desktop.ini file blocking onedrive,
  8. block onedrive upload desktop.ini,
  9. onedrive sync desktop.ini,
  10. deskop.ini files in onedrive,
  11. desktop.ini stuck in onedrive