Windows 10: OneDrive - working with both SSD and HDD

Discus and support OneDrive - working with both SSD and HDD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I have recently purchased a new PC... first time with both SDD and HDD, and struggling to find how to set things up properly.....All my documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PrimPete, May 28, 2021.

1. PrimPete Win User

OneDrive - working with both SSD and HDD

Hi! I have recently purchased a new PC... first time with both SDD and HDD, and struggling to find how to set things up properly.....All my documents etc, I've put onto the HDD D:... of course the OneDrive backup only looks at Documents library pointing at the SSD C:. Try as I might, I can't change this in setting s etc and struggling to find the topic elsewhere.Is it possible to get OneDrive to look at both C: and D: - or it is best to "point" the document etc library to look only at D: I have no intention of storing docs on C:Many thanks for the help.

:)

PrimPete, May 28, 2021
  2. brify Win User

Storage setup with a SSD and HDD

Hi

I have just purchased an HP Pavillion Desktop with a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, I have initialised windows, choosing to use OneDrive for backup and storage (I have 1TB cloud storage with 365) and also updated windows and drivers. I have not transferred
    any data from my old pc yet.

I now wish to setup the pc to have the operating system and program files on the SSD as they are currently and all my Files/Pictures/Music etc on the HDD but I am unsure of the correct procedures and order in which to carry them out. I also want to
    continue using OneDrive for backup and file access from other devices.

I am aware of the following:

• The OneDrive folder is currently on the SSD and is backing up the default Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I wish to move this folder to the HDD but I am not when to do this, looking at the steps below, to prevent any sync issues
    • I know I can move my user folders, Documents, Pictures etc to the HDD by changing the location of these from C: (SSD) to D: (HDD), leaving the User/Username folder on C:
    • I have also noticed that in Settings/System/Storage I can 'change the location where new content is saved' for these folders, what is the difference between this and moving the location of the folders as detailed above.

Can anyone advise on the best/correct method of setting my system up going forward?

Thanks

brify, May 28, 2021
  3. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, May 28, 2021
  4. OneDrive - working with both SSD and HDD

OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, May 28, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive - working with both SSD and HDD

1. OneDrive - working with both SSD and HDD - Similar Threads - OneDrive working both

2. updating windows both on SSD and HDD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updating windows both on SSD and HDD.: i recently transfered my windows form HDD to SSD and using the HDD as a storage device without formatting so i have the windows installed on my HDD. In any case my SSD get crashed, i can restore it from my HDD. Now how do i keep my HDD updated along with my SSD so i can...
  3. updating windows both on SSD and HDD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updating windows both on SSD and HDD.: i recently transfered my windows form HDD to SSD and using the HDD as a storage device without formatting so i have the windows installed on my HDD. In any case my SSD get crashed, i can restore it from my HDD. Now how do i keep my HDD updated along with my SSD so i can...
  4. updating windows both on SSD and HDD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SSD and HDD both not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD and HDD both not responding: I have one ssd and one hdd in my laptop. The hdd was given with the laptop and the ssd I have installed myself. Suddenly from today evening, both the Drive C SSD & Drive D HDD not responding, though they are showing in the file explorer. How to resolve my problem?...
  6. SSD and HDD both not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD and HDD both not responding: I have one ssd and one hdd in my laptop. The hdd was given with the laptop and the ssd I have installed myself. Suddenly from today evening, both the Drive C SSD & Drive D HDD not responding, though they are showing in the file explorer. How to resolve my problem?...
  7. Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD: Hi folks,I had a disaster with my new Windows 10 PC with SSD + HDD and I am trying to find out what I did wrong.Out of the box, the PC was fine but I wanted to install a different Windows version on the HDD. The installation completed successfully BUT the SSD seemed to...
  8. Windows on both ssd and hdd, probably wasting storage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows on both ssd and hdd, probably wasting storage?: so I set up my ssd like a year ago and put Windows 10 on it. Now that Im running out of storage on my hdd I'm starting to think why there's still like all the windows folders on it. Should I delete them all? If yes, how? submitted by /u/SharowPUBG [link] [comments]...
  9. Win 10 on both HDD and SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 on both HDD and SSD?: I will buy a SSD for my Acer desktop and install Win 10 on it and other programs I have on my computer. If I do a clean install of Win 10 on my SSD, do I have to delte Win 10 on the HDD first? I guess it is not allowed having two Windows 10 on the same computer (both...
  10. Working on SSD, saving on HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Working on SSD, saving on HDD?: Hi, Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere or if its wording is a bit confusing.. it is my first time posting on here so I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a 2TB HDD which served as my primary (only) drive, until recently when we added a 500GB SSD. The...