Windows 10: Onedrive

Discus and support Onedrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new laptop running Windows 10. I noticed that Onedrive is backing up every 10 mins. Is this a drain on my battery? Can I alter it? I only need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eric_570, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:52 AM.

1. Eric_570 Win User

Onedrive

I have a new laptop running Windows 10. I noticed that Onedrive is backing up every 10 mins. Is this a drain on my battery? Can I alter it? I only need a backup once a week really.

:)

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:20 PM
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

4. Onedrive

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Onedrive ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:20 PM
Thema:

Onedrive

1. Onedrive - Similar Threads - Onedrive

2. Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 2004: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows issue: Some devices with the newest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004, experience issues with Microsoft's OneDrive file synchronization service that is baked into the system. Microsoft confirmed the issue on a new support page on the company's official website. The...
  3. OneDrive Camera Roll Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Camera Roll Location: Hello, How do I change the location of the Camera Roll folder? OneDrive uploads pictures from my Android phone to a directory called "Pictures 1" instead of "Pictures" the latter directory is where all of my pictures are located. I've tried dragging the "Camera Roll" to...
  4. Moving desktop files to onedrive

Moving desktop files to onedrive: I moved an entire file folder from desktop to OneDrive, and now I can't find it. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-desktop-files-to-onedrive/466b9a61-09fe-40b8-b923-4367ff16e2cb
  5. OneDrive menu is blank

OneDrive menu is blank: When I left- or right-click on my personal or business OneDrive icons, I only get a blank menu screenshot below. I have tried: Force quit, reload OneDrive Restart windows DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow The only computer configuration...
  6. OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive: I have turned off files on demand a dozen times and it refuses to download files. Gort 159816
  7. Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local

Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local: I bought a new PC with Windows 10. It is saving all files, including user application files, to Documents in OneDrive. This is a disaster as applications produce trainloads of user files that OneDrive then dutifully attempts to upload. The Documents folder on "This PC" is...
  8. New OneDrive features to share and collaborate across work and life

in Windows 10 News
    New OneDrive features to share and collaborate across work and life: If there are two words that define the way we’ve used technology this year, they might just be “remote everything.” Our jobs. Our meetings. Our kids’ schools. Our social gatherings. Everything has moved online, accelerating our...
  9. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location: I just upgraded to Office 365 mainly for the OneDrive access to backup important files. However I can't even use it. It says "Your One Drive Folder is here" and points to my OneDrive folder in my user profile which is on the D drive And then it gives the error in the...