Windows 10: Onedrive

Discus and support Onedrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can you purchase more storage using a Microsoft gift card. My original 100gig came with my Samsung tablet. Time has run out and now only have 5gig need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jwasylque, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Jwasylque Win User

Onedrive

Can you purchase more storage using a Microsoft gift card. My original 100gig came with my Samsung tablet. Time has run out and now only have 5gig need to upgrade storage.

Jim

:)

Jwasylque, Oct 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Onedrive

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Onedrive ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive

1. Onedrive - Similar Threads - Onedrive

2. OneDrive brings me to File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive brings me to File Explorer: Hey there. I have a "problem" where if I open OneDrive, it brings me to the OneDrive folder in File Explorer rather than the app itself. What should I do? Any help is appreciated....
  3. How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Media Libraries and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Media Libraries and...: How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from automatically Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Windows Media Libraries and automatically shooting them to the cloud upon every Windows 10 update without my permission? Micro*hit is getting way too aggressive in pushing the use of its...
  4. New Microsoft OneDrive version released for Android and iOS - Dec. 2

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft OneDrive version released for Android and iOS - Dec. 2: Do more wherever you go with Microsoft OneDrive. Get to and share your documents, photos, and other files from your Android device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. Use the Office mobile apps to stay productive and work together, no matter where you are....
  5. OneDrive as a collaborative tool with consistent drive mapping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive as a collaborative tool with consistent drive mapping: OneDrive is essentially useless for proper collaboration in most creative environments because the software we use AutoCAD / Microstation / InDesign etc. all use linked files to work with consistent file paths. So, if I link an image to my InDesign document the file path...
  6. OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file

OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file: This morning my mum seems to have had an update or similar come up related to Onedrive and she hit next without reading what it said. From what I can tell this turned on the files on-demand option which I have now turned off. She uses a desktop version of Outlook which...
  7. OneDrive

OneDrive: I had my PC worked on. OneDrive was previously C:/user/MyName/oneDrive//// It got changed when the hard drive was reloaded and instead of MyName it is now Owner. I am having trouble restoring from Norton 360 the files previously backed up as MyName. Where do they get...
  8. Add to OneDrive is now generally available

in Windows 10 News
    Add to OneDrive is now generally available: Files are the building blocks of our work— helping us collaborate with others to construct the end results. Research documents, data spreadsheets, sales reports, presentations, product videos and other content-rich files are the components that hold up our final...
  9. OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item: The Desktop folder is sync'd to OneDrive but I've noticed that there are a bunch of desktop shortcuts that not included. These shortcuts have been added to C:\Users\Public\Desktop during the install and include shortcuts for MS Edge, Chrome, etc. etc. So I tried to create a...
  10. Unsync Documents from OneDrive

Unsync Documents from OneDrive: I noticed my pc trying to upload 700+ MB of data to OneDrive yesterday and was confused as to what caused it. Apparently since the default location of Documents has been set to OneDrive which I, by the way, found very unclear at setup, I would not have agreed to it, all my...