Windows 10: ONEDRIVE

Discus and support ONEDRIVE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I delete, unsubscribe, uninstall, or otherwise get rid of ONEDRIVE on my desktop computer? I am tired of all my data getting used up while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by michaelporter3, Dec 1, 2020.

1. ONEDRIVE

Can I delete, unsubscribe, uninstall, or otherwise get rid of ONEDRIVE on my desktop computer? I am tired of all my data getting used up while transferring files to the web every time I boot my computer. This process uses up so much of my possessors that my machine slows down and I cant seem to get anything done!!

:)

michaelporter3, Dec 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 1, 2020
  4. ONEDRIVE

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

ONEDRIVE ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

ONEDRIVE

1. ONEDRIVE - Similar Threads - ONEDRIVE

2. Former OneDrive system folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Former OneDrive system folder cannot be deleted: Hello. I recently stopped the sync process for one of my OneDrives on Windows 10 pro. Afterwards I deleted that specific OneDrive folder from my system. 1. Issue After a few days I recognized that the system folder for that specific OneDrive still exists on my PC as a...
  3. OneDrive Standalone Update Task gives lots of EventID 131 errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive Standalone Update Task gives lots of EventID 131 errors: I'm getting a lot of these in Event Viewer Metadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for container '{8B4274C2-4EE6-5F23-B537-583F15DF5D75}' As recommended here, I changed the registry key DeviceMetadataServiceURL from...
  4. Don't want OneDrive to upload a folder inside Documents because is too big game save files

Don't want OneDrive to upload a folder inside Documents because is too big game save files: Hello, Can I make OneDrive no to upload backup a fonder inside Documents? It is too big and fills my OneDrive. Thanks and regards Andres https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-want-onedrive-to-upload-a-folder-inside/90c46a57-b7b3-4c99-b20b-e3ecce501de5
  5. OneDrive Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Uninstall: I have tried to completely uninstall and remove OneDrive from my computer using Uninstall in Windows, Revo Uninstaller, Unlink in OneDrive account, edit Registry keys, and it appears that OneDrive is successfully removed. The one remaining issue is in my File Explorer with...
  6. how do i move pictures in onedrive to my pc?

how do i move pictures in onedrive to my pc?: how do i move pictures from OneDrive to a file folder structure on my pc under pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-pictures-in-onedrive-to-my-pc/1c4fca09-e71f-4120-8490-625b5a8ebd33
  7. “Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected” error when moving...

“Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected” error when moving...: I have Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.746 on my desktop computer My OneDrive version is 2021 Build 20.219.1029.007 I have OneDrive folder at default: C:\Users\MyUsername\OneDrive I want to move OneDrive to C:\OneDrive. So I select OneDrive Settings - Unlink PC, then...
  8. Transfer documents from onedrive back to my PC after restore with windows image

Transfer documents from onedrive back to my PC after restore with windows image: Hello i want to setup a procedure in the case of a disk crache Suppose i am using onedrive as a real time backup for the files on my pc. Documents are on c:\users\myname\ondrive Synchronisation will occur from pc to onedrive - so far so good. Suppose i have a serious...
  9. File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive

File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive: File Explorer crashes freezes on click or right-click folder/file from OneDrive. It works fine on other Windows users. I have already tried: reseting the OD reinstalling the OD System File Checker turning off the detail/preview pane off Any more ideas?...
  10. Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for...: Okay, so I have never been a OneDrive user, I disabled the online syncing function because I use google drive (which I think is way simpler and better integrated), but I have to use it now because I have some powerpoint files I need to open, and it can only be done by...