Windows 10: OneDrive

Discus and support OneDrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am very naïve about computers and was told by someone that OneDrive was a good place to backup your files, but nothing more about it than that and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jmcd1965, May 10, 2021.

1. jmcd1965 Win User

OneDrive

I am very naïve about computers and was told by someone that OneDrive was a good place to backup your files, but nothing more about it than that and I took his word at face value. And I have a USB drive that has very very important information on it and it was not backed up anywhere else, so I decided to put it there. My intention was going to be to re-back it up to OneDrive once a month for security, in case anything happened to the USB drive. However, since I did that a couple of weeks ago, I've added more data to the original USB drive and now I can only assume that each time I re

:)

jmcd1965, May 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 10, 2021
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 10, 2021
  4. OneDrive

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 10, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive

1. OneDrive - Similar Threads - OneDrive

2. OneDrive for multi-disk systems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive for multi-disk systems: I have a 2 disk PC - the 'C' drive is my system disk, the 'D' drive is my data disk - for documents, pictures etc.Recently I manually populated OneDrive from 'D'. Shortly after, I discovered that any edits, additions to 'D' were not being picked by OneDrive.The company that...
  3. Onedrive and its myriads of poorly executed junk basically!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive and its myriads of poorly executed junk basically!: YOU Microsoft need to be removed from society, as does Facebook, Tiktok all of it.This Onedrive you produced is **** ****. It annoys the living **** out of me. The syncing on Onedrive is non existant, I have photos and files all over the **** place and it is YOUR FAULT...
  4. Avoid/remove automatic OneDrive sync to new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avoid/remove automatic OneDrive sync to new computer?: Hello!Just bought a used laptop with windows 10 installed. I started with resetting windows and logged in using my windows account as suggested. I was a bit sceptic about this because I wanted to have control of choices and features from scratch on my new machine so I...
  5. Onedrive Files

Onedrive Files: Hello, what can I do for restoring my files from "where are my files" folder to desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-files/17b50db0-9178-4aa5-89ab-7d111a9ac536
  6. OneDrive Sync to specifc folders

OneDrive Sync to specifc folders: Hi. I'm trying to use a single OneDrive account to sync to a number of PC's and a NAS but only specific files/folders. The NAS does this perfectly but One Drive wants to synchronize files I don't want. The issue is and I see this as huge failing, there is a potential to hold...
  7. How do I get this OneDrive crap off my computer? I’ve looked it up and it says it can only...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get this OneDrive crap off my computer? I’ve looked it up and it says it can only...: I also went to see if it can be “uninstalled.” Doesn’t seem like it can be done. submitted by /u/fight_to_write [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o33t1d/how_do_i_get_this_onedrive_crap_off_my_computer/
  8. OneDrive error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive error: I have three program that are affected by the same error notice when I check an error notice by OneDrive every time I start my computer.Revo Uninstaller.inkNo access permissions for the item. It appears that you do not have access permissions to the item.Ensure that you have...
  9. How to fix OneDrive error 0x80049d61 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix OneDrive error 0x80049d61 in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you frequently see error code 0x80049d61 in OneDrive whenever you try to launch the OneDrive in Windows 10, then this post may be able to help you. Fix OneDrive error 0x80049d61 In this tutorial, we will discuss four solutions that can help to resolve the OneDrive...
  10. Undoing Desktop, Documents, et al Move to OneDrive

Undoing Desktop, Documents, et al Move to OneDrive: How do I go about restoring all my desktop/documents/pictures/etc files and folders to my user folder on my PC? I mistakenly accepted a rather badly worded offer from Microsoft while installing a recent update to move all those files to OneDrive. But I don't want them on...