Windows 10: OneDrive's "Crosses" on files and folders

Discus and support OneDrive's "Crosses" on files and folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! How do I disable OneDrive's crosses it puts on folders and files that it can't back up? This is what it looks like: Thanks, Ben... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soriinz, May 8, 2021.

1. Soriinz Win User

OneDrive's "Crosses" on files and folders

Hello! How do I disable OneDrive's crosses it puts on folders and files that it can't back up? This is what it looks like: Thanks, Ben

:)

Soriinz, May 8, 2021
  2. rajn1 Win User

white cross in red circle icon for OneDrive folders

I am successfully using OneDrive on two Win10 machines. I am trying to use it on my Tablet (ASUS). The folders I set up and their content have a white cross 'X' in a red circle icon. I can open the documents and pictures but the option to get a OneDrive Link for sharing is greyed out and is not available. I tried deleting the folders and recreating them, same problem. Ay suggestions please? I don't want to use the sync feature, just the ability to copy/paste only the items I want to save on OneDrive. Thanks...Raj

rajn1, May 8, 2021
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, May 8, 2021
  4. OneDrive's "Crosses" on files and folders

Smittychat., May 8, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive's "Crosses" on files and folders

1. OneDrive's "Crosses" on files and folders - Similar Threads - OneDrive's Crosses files

2. Crossed out Icon in file folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crossed out Icon in file folder: Can anyone help on how to fix/ remove the Cross in my file Explorer ICONS . Now, I can't preview this files with the crosses .Is it due to use of DropBox version upgrade ?Previously I do not have this issue..;...
  3. Crossed out Icon in file folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crossed out Icon in file folder: Can anyone help on how to fix/ remove the Cross in my file Explorer ICONS . Now, I can't preview this files with the crosses .Is it due to use of DropBox version upgrade ?Previously I do not have this issue..;...
  4. Crossed out Icon in file folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Red cross on desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red cross on desktop files and folders: I was wondering why there's a red cross on all the files and folders on my Windows 11 desktop, whenever I open a folder and the bar on the top starts loading green bar it never completes the action. I think this has something to do with OneDrive? I use my PC storage so I...
  6. Red cross on desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red cross on desktop files and folders: I was wondering why there's a red cross on all the files and folders on my Windows 11 desktop, whenever I open a folder and the bar on the top starts loading green bar it never completes the action. I think this has something to do with OneDrive? I use my PC storage so I...
  7. Onedrive File Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive File Folder: There us a file folder named OneDrive under C:\users\my name. I've no idea where if came from unless it was very early in my use of W10 when I explored OneDrive. I can't remove it because I keep getting messages about administrative privileges. Can someone tell me what the...
  8. File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders: Hello, I'm using Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.572) In File Explorer: What does the red circle with a cross on the folders (Documents, My Letters, One Drive...) mean? (see attached image) BTW, when I launch Outlook, the following message appears: "Unable to start microsoft office...
  9. Files with red cross

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with red cross: All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you....
  10. white cross in red circle icon for OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    white cross in red circle icon for OneDrive folders: I am successfully using OneDrive on two Win10 machines. I am trying to use it on my Tablet (ASUS). The folders I set up and their content have a white cross 'X' in a red circle icon. I can open the documents and pictures but the option to get a OneDrive Link for sharing is...