Windows 10: OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

Discus and support OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by labdog, Jan 28, 2020.

1. labdog Win User

OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section group" appears. When I login to onenote.com, the entire notebook is there but the pages load slowly and the whole web-based use of OneNote is sluggish and not what I want to use. When I'm logged in to the desktop app, I can manually have it sync but still nothing loads.

Thank you in advance for suggestions to get this resolved.

:)

labdog, Jan 28, 2020
  2. fifer Win User

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration.
    I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has proved to be impossible. I can view and work with the notebooks in the Windows 10 app, but I can find no way to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010.
    The notebooks are in OneDrive online and I can see them there, but there is no option to open them in OneNote 2010.
    The links to the notebooks show up as internet shortcuts when I view my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, but if I try to open any of these in OneNote 2010, nothing happens.
    If I go to OneNote online, there is no option to use OneNote 2010 to open any of my notebooks.
    So am I just being dense? Am I missing something obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time!!)
    Or is there some secret way of doing something that should be simple?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fifer, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Keep Getting Error From OneNote When Trying to Open Notebook?

Hi Webb842,

OneNote Mobile on Windows Phone 7 will not support opening section groups in a notebook.

To have the sections present in Section groups opened in OneNote Mobile, you can follow the below steps:

• In OneNote Desktop, Select and Right-Click on the section group you want to open in OneNote Mobile.
    • Perform "Copy link" operation
    • Mail yourself the link copied
    • On Phone, tap on OneNote link to open the section group in OneNote mobile as a notebook.
    Hope this helps in solving this issue.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jan 28, 2020
  4. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

Error 80630040 opening a OneNote notebook on WP7

Hello Rlyon,

The steps to sync a notebook on Windows Live SkyDrive for the first time are described here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/office/use-office-onenote-mobile.aspx

If it does not work for you I would try the following steps to start saving your notes directly to SkyDrive (Personal Web notebook) - it helps when you delete the Personal (Web) notebook by accident

1) On desktop, log on to your SkyDrive account at
    http://office.live.com

2) Go to My Documents folder and open Personal (Web) notebook in OneNote Desktop 2010

3) In OneNote Desktop, copy hyperlink of Personal (Web) notebook and send it to you via email

4) On Windows Phone, open the above hyperlink

5) Now Personal (Web) notebook should open in OneNote Mobile

6) On Windows phone, choose section "Unfiled Notes" present in Personal (Web) notebook. Launch context menu and choose "set as default" option.

7) With this, the notes that you take on phone will sync to Web to Unfiled Notes section

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

1. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open - Similar Threads - OneNote 2010 notebook

2. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  3. Remove a OneNote notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  4. Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016: Created several Notebooks using OneNote 2010. Moved to new laptop so downloaded free version of OneNote 2016 (not from Windows store). Some of the notebooks open, but when trying to open others, I get the message that I need Office 365 to view them. Why this inconsistent...
  5. OneNote Windows 10 - Unable to Open any Notebook - We Couldn't Open this section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Windows 10 - Unable to Open any Notebook - We Couldn't Open this section: For the past 1 month I am unable to open any of my 10 plus OneNote notebooks in Windows. Keep getting the error "We couldn't open this section. I am able to access all my notebooks over the web, iPhone and on OneNote 2016. I have uninstalled the app using powershell...
  6. Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?

Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 and the version of OneNote I used previously was faster, had many more features, and felt like a desktop app. This new version feels slow and looks like it was a horrible port from a mobile phone or something. Does...
  7. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  8. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...
  9. OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook

OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook: Hello all, I apologize if this is a general question, I just have not been able to find a clear answer for this and wanted to reach out to you all. Whenever I open OneNote on my computer, it automatically opens my last-opened notebook with it. This is a concern of mine,...
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. There are no sections open in this notebook or section group