Windows 10: OneNote 2013 Screen Clipping fails to show caption

Discus and support OneNote 2013 Screen Clipping fails to show caption in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi! I'm having big trouble taking notes in lectures with OneNote 2013 after upgrading to Windows 10. I tried out OneNote 2016 but it has no practical... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by AaduT, Sep 28, 2016.

1. AaduT Win User

OneNote 2013 Screen Clipping fails to show caption

Hi! I'm having big trouble taking notes in lectures with OneNote 2013 after upgrading to Windows 10. I tried out OneNote 2016 but it has no practical use for me lacking all the smart options of the 2013 so I reinstalled it. Everything working normally except Screen Clipping function which is vital for taking notes in my studies. The hot-key "Win+Shift+S" works fine. The screen clipping selection function also works as it should. But my problems begin after selecting the destination for the caption. Most of the time the caption appears as a white blank box with a little red "X" in the upper left corner. Here is an example for better understanding:

OneNote 2013 Screen Clipping fails to show caption [​IMG]

I fund that in some cases it actually works but the reliability of it is well illustrated on the picture shown. I have not found a hints of why it sometime works and sometime won't. Please let me know of any ideas to try as I have really become dependent of this function in my studies.

:)

AaduT, Sep 28, 2016

2. Send to One Note Opens on Startup Ever Since the Fall Windows Update

Hi Eric,

I did a repair of Office 2013 and restarted my PC. "Send to OneNote" did not start automatically (GOOD)

I then used Send to OneNote to clip a section of the screen. This automatically started OneNote to show my clip (GOOD)

I closed OneNote and Send to OneNote and restarted my PC. "Send to OneNote" started automatically (BAD)

I check "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" which was empty.

I check the Startup section of the Task Manager - OneNote was not listed.

I use the clipping tool often, so I don't want to disable OneNote altogether but I don't want to have to close it every time I start my PC.

What is causing Send to OneNote to open at start up?

DragonflyKing, Sep 28, 2016
  3. movie maker

I have created a movie using pictures, music, and captions. When I play the movie where clips are showing, the movie, music, and captions play. But, when I play full screen, the music dose not play from second song on unless I switch back to small screen
    with clips. I think it has to do with start, stop, and set start stop points. Apparently, I am not setting them incorrectly, or this isn't the problem. I set the points once, and the entire movie played fine. I saved project as... then opened to play again,
    but it did the same as before - the music did not play after the first song, but the sound waves were showing when I switched back to small screen with clips. What am I doing wrong? Thank you

kathryn fairchild, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

OneNote 2013 Screen Clipping fails to show caption

1. OneNote 2013 Screen Clipping fails to show caption - Similar Threads - OneNote 2013 Screen

2. Why the OneNote is showing this ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the OneNote is showing this ?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/13dcg9zr0zw51.png?width=677&format=png&auto=webp&s=cabf38f2b2d198fc788bfcc05fa0d6e6bb779071 submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jn5l2z/why_the_onenote_is_showing_this/
  3. Screen Clipping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Clipping: When using the snip tool, it no longer gives me an option to save. The clipping is on the clipboard, but it no longer gives a pop up option to save it to pictures. It was working fine last time I used it, and now it is not. How do I fix it, and why does stuff like that always...
  4. Problems with OneNote 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problems with OneNote 2013: I use OneNote 2013 on my PC because I was able to buy a license when I worked for a company that provided copies for its employees -- and I've not had problems with it. But recently, I noticed my Notebook sections were badly out of date, and rather than update them in...
  5. Screenshots and Clips Failing to Upload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots and Clips Failing to Upload: So, here's the situation: I have Halo 2 for Windows Vista installed on my Windows 10 machine. The game bar does work, I can record clips and save screenshots and they do show up in my Xbox companion app for my pc, BUT, I cannot upload either forms of media. I have done some...
  6. OneNote dictate not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote dictate not showing: I got a laptop for my son to use the inbuilt Windows 10 OneNote and want to use the Dictate feature. It works fine on my profile on the same machine, but when I switch to my son's (child) profile the dictate button momentarily appears and then disappears again permanently....
  7. Office 2013 kb2965253 Fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013 kb2965253 Fails: I have a strange issue. This kb2965253 has a 64 bit update and a 32 bit update for Office 2013. I have 64 bit Office 2013 and the 64 bit kb2965253 installed OK. However, when I look for updates it says I have a 32 bit version that did not install. Well, yeah, I believe that,...
  8. OneNote 2013 Troubles on Built 9879

OneNote 2013 Troubles on Built 9879: I have a digitizer (stylus pen input) plus a touch screen on my laptop. Everything worked cool with onenote until the latest build, now every 5 minutes or so, the pen inputs will start to write 'above' onenote, so that onenote doesn't record the inking while I can't tell...
  9. Windows 10 OneNote 2013 screen clipping not working

Windows 10 OneNote 2013 screen clipping not working: I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10, and installed Office 2013 (with OneNote 2013). Windows 10 is updated to today, with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3156421) installed. I used the Screen Clipping all the time (50 or...
  10. OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App

OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App: Which one should I keep and use? 12002