Windows 10: OneNote 2016

Discus and support OneNote 2016 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try to start Onenote 2016 I receive an error message suggesting that I delete cache and/or delete settings. After much effort I cannot get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jmffox, May 15, 2019.

1. jmffox Win User

OneNote 2016

Every time I try to start Onenote 2016 I receive an error message suggesting that I delete cache and/or delete settings. After much effort I cannot get OneNote 2016 to start normally please advise. Thank you

jmf

:)

jmffox, May 15, 2019

2. OneNote 2016 opening on startup

Hi,

In order to turn off or disable OneNote 2016 at startup, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Taskbar, and select Task Manager.
    • On the bottom right of the Task Manager window, click the drop-down arrow to open
      More details.
    • Click the Startup tab. This tab shows the programs that are enabled on Startup.
    • Right-click OneNote 2016, and click Disable.
    • Click File, then Exit.
    • You may then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 15, 2019
  3. Simon-Q Win User
    Win 10: how to disable OneNote app after installing OneNote 2016

Hi

Thank you for the advice; I checked the settings and OneNote 2016 was already the default program for the related file types.

I am not certain that this was relevant, however, as I cannot remember ever opening OneNote by clicking on the file in Explorer. In any case, my issue is that I want to remove or disable the unnecessary / duplicate / low functionality version of OneNote
    that comes shipped with Win 10 so that the preferred OneNote 2016 version is the only one available.

In particular, I want to remove the unwanted OneNote icon from the apps list in the Start menu and not have it visible in the Windows Ink menu.

It does not make sense that, when the full-function program from Office 365 is installed, the poor quality version cannot be removed or suppressed.

Thanks, Simon

Simon-Q, May 15, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

OneNote 2016

OneNote crashes and other issues

Hi Emre,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your OneNote concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are you using OneNote 2016 or the built-in OneNote app of Windows 10?
    • If you're using OneNote 2016, what is the full version number of your Office. To determine the version of your Office, follow the steps
      here.
    • Can you please provide us the step-by-step process on how you're attempting to draw in OneNote using the touchscreen?

Argel Obm, May 15, 2019
Thema:

OneNote 2016

1. OneNote 2016 - Similar Threads - OneNote 2016

2. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2016: Hi I've been using the print > "send to onenote desktop" to import pdfs into my OneNote 2016. It was working great for a while, but this morning, it wouldn't import the document so I tried cancelling the document in the printer queue. It wouldn't cancel so I ended up...
  3. Downloading OneNote 2016 but can't log-in to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloading OneNote 2016 but can't log-in to Microsoft account: I'm trying to install OneNote 2016 from the Microsoft site and it wants me to login to my Microsoft account. I have a Microsoft 365 subscription that doesn't expire until October so I'm entitled to OneNote 2016 and I prefer it to OneNote for Windows 10. I gave it my login...
  4. Converting OneNote 2016 shared workbooks so that they open on Windows 10 Onenote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting OneNote 2016 shared workbooks so that they open on Windows 10 Onenote: I work for local government. Previously we used onenote 2016 to access multiple shared notebooks, however new members of staff with rebuilt surface pros no longer have onenote 2016 and we have been told we are not permitted to reinstall OneNote 2016. Therefore we need to...
  5. OneNote 2016 - touch scrolling disabled when connected external displays with surface

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote 2016 - touch scrolling disabled when connected external displays with surface: I recently got a second monitor that I have decided to use as my main screen. I have made my laptop (hp envy x360 2-in-1) as the secondary display. All the touchscreen capabilities seem intact except for in onenote 2016 where I can't scroll by touch (scrolling still work in...
  6. OneNote 2016 repeated login requests

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2016 repeated login requests: I'm using OneNote 2016 on my Windows 10 machine. I'm also using the app on Android. Nearly every time I start OneNote 2016 on Windows 10 it prompts me to login. Sometimes it even prompts me for my login ID and password. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it, but that...
  7. How to Remove Compatibility Settings from OneNote 2016?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Compatibility Settings from OneNote 2016?: I just updated my Surface Book 3 from Windows 10 1909 to the latest 2004. In 1909, OneNote 2016 had an issue where the ink would be several inches away from the pen tip when I tried to draw. The fix was to disable DPI scaling using compatibility mode. The issue is suppose...
  8. Surface Go 2: Touch Keyboard does not appear automatically in OneNote 2016

Surface Go 2: Touch Keyboard does not appear automatically in OneNote 2016: I just bought a Surface Go 2, and am running OneNote 2016, and am encountering a few issues. Namely, the keyboard does not show up in tablet mode when a device keyboard is not attached. I've tried both of the troubleshooting suggestions in this thread to no avail:...
  9. Hello, I'm having trouble sending to OneNote 2016. It sends to the other OneNote account

Hello, I'm having trouble sending to OneNote 2016. It sends to the other OneNote account: I had uninstalled the other OneNote account and now cannot seem to print/save as/send to OneNote 2016. Please advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-im-having-trouble-sending-to-onenote-2016-it/d05fcb5a-d3ea-4e4e-aacd-d0119132f331
  10. Syncing between onenote 10 and 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing between onenote 10 and 2016: I have currently been using both because there are certain features like changing text in an image to be searchable that I can't do on onenote 10. Lately I have been having syncing issues. I have tried logging out and back in, manually syncing, and getting rid of things to...