Windows 10: OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of...

Discus and support OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The Error in question:Selecting "Sign in" leads to:Then:If I enter anything that is not my password it tells me the pin is incorrect, but if I enter my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by George_L_01, Apr 14, 2022.

1. OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of...

The Error in question:Selecting "Sign in" leads to:Then:If I enter anything that is not my password it tells me the pin is incorrect, but if I enter my normal password the same one used to login to the computer it tells me:and the error still remains.Some other information that may be interacting or important to resolving it.1 Windows Hello Face, Windows Hello Fingerprint, and Windows Hello PIN are all listed as unavailable within settings. When selecting them for more information, they all list "Something went wrong. Try again later.".2 This computer is a personal computer, with the Windo

:)

George_L_01, Apr 14, 2022
  2. CSMR(2) Win User

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

The Onenote app also has broader account-related issues:

• Sign in with Microsoft account, and Onenote syncs to that.
    • Remove this account from Onenote only, and add a different Microsoft account.
    OneNote does not sync the new account's OneNote files, only sees the old account's files, and gives an error "OneNote needs a password to sync this notebook -> Sign In" where the "Sign In" button does nothing.

CSMR(2), Apr 14, 2022
  3. CSMR(2) Win User
    Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Apr 14, 2022
  4. tabuf Win User

OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of...

N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of...

1. OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of... - Similar Threads - OneNote Account Error

2. OneNote drawings disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote drawings disappeared.: My OneNote drawings randomly disappeared and left the text only. How do I get these drawings back. This is for an assessment that's due tomorrow morning and I have already tried restarting, shutting down and closing the OneNote repeatedly. Also I don't think they got deleted....
  3. OneNote drawings disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote drawings disappeared.: My OneNote drawings randomly disappeared and left the text only. How do I get these drawings back. This is for an assessment that's due tomorrow morning and I have already tried restarting, shutting down and closing the OneNote repeatedly. Also I don't think they got deleted....
  4. OneNote drawings disappeared.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of...: The Error in question:Selecting "Sign in" leads to:Then:If I enter anything that is not my password it tells me the pin is incorrect, but if I enter my normal password the same one used to login to the computer it tells me:and the error still remains.Some other information...
  6. OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote "Account Error Sign In" won't disappear even after multiple logins / relogins of...: The Error in question:Selecting "Sign in" leads to:Then:If I enter anything that is not my password it tells me the pin is incorrect, but if I enter my normal password the same one used to login to the computer it tells me:and the error still remains.Some other information...
  7. OneNote Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote Files Disappeared: I realize that this is now a legacy app . . . no longer enhanced; however, I had developed a rather extensive set of notebooks containing recipes that I cannot duplicate. When I launch OneNote 2013 as I have always done, there are no notebooks available. I'm told I don't...
  8. onenote login

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    onenote login: do we need a ms email for onenote? It is unsafe for anyone store info online If you lose your email or phone etc Then your acc is unrecoverable you can never recover your acc and info is lost we should be able to use our account if we know our password what other...
  9. Multiple errors for multiple BSODS (even after Windows reinstall)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple errors for multiple BSODS (even after Windows reinstall): I'm getting many BSODS displaying (so far) three different errors, even after reinstall of Windows 10 Pro (Build 18363.1082). I've updated drivers and run WhoCrashed, but I'm getting nowhere. This is the link to my zip file of errors/dump info:...
  10. ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login

in Microsoft Office and 365
    ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login: I had to wack and rebuild my computer. I now cannot access my OneNote using my gmail address, which has always been the log in. I now receive this message: "this type of account doesn't work with this particular service" I opened OneNote on my phone and verified that this...