Windows 10: OneNote app on Windows 10 laptop is closing right after being opened without any error message

Discus and support OneNote app on Windows 10 laptop is closing right after being opened without any error message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Recently my OneNote app refused to open correctly. The window pops up with OneNote logo but right after that the app closes. Sometimes I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdamSzałowski, Oct 29, 2018.

1. OneNote app on Windows 10 laptop is closing right after being opened without any error message

Hello,

Recently my OneNote app refused to open correctly. The window pops up with OneNote logo but right after that the app closes. Sometimes I get the window with "We couldn't start OneNote the last time" but what ever I click the problem persists. I've tried everything I could think of e.g. rebooting PC, reinstalling the app, clearing cache and removing AppData folder but none of this work. My system is up to date.

Thank you for any help.

:)

AdamSzałowski, Oct 29, 2018

2. Could not uninstall current OneNote app from the "all apps" column.

Hi Frostgiant,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to open the app?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • If yes, what exactly is the error message?
    As of now, I suggest you to restart your Computer and try to open your OneNote . if issue still persists, I kindly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by
    Ruxo in the following thread which discusses about how to uninstall OneNote .

Onenote on windows 10 - Sorry something went wrong

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 29, 2018
  3. My OneNote app won't open on my laptop

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you using office OneNote or Windows OneNote app?
    If you are using Windows OneNote app ten I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and then try to login and check whether the issues persist.

The Modern app troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

OneNote app on Windows 10 laptop is closing right after being opened without any error message

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

OneNote app on Windows 10 laptop is closing right after being opened without any error message

1. OneNote app on Windows 10 laptop is closing right after being opened without any error message - Similar Threads - OneNote app laptop

2. OneDrive installer closes at 98% without any message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive installer closes at 98% without any message: To summarize my issue, I don't have the OneDrive icon, I tried to reinstall the software, but the installer crashes at 98%.In detail:- PC Desktop, Intel-i5, 16GB ram- Windows 10 Pro 21H2, quite old installation, maybe ~10 years- I'm logged in with MS account, OS is not...
  3. OneDrive installer closes at 98% without any message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive installer closes at 98% without any message: To summarize my issue, I don't have the OneDrive icon, I tried to reinstall the software, but the installer crashes at 98%.In detail:- PC Desktop, Intel-i5, 16GB ram- Windows 10 Pro 21H2, quite old installation, maybe ~10 years- I'm logged in with MS account, OS is not...
  4. OneDrive installer closes at 98% without any message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some applications close immediately after opening without error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications close immediately after opening without error message: I'm on the latest Windows 11 Insiders build. Many applications close immediately after opening Settings, RDP and some open briefly and then close with error messages Teams.I have tried the solution approach suggested here. I ran sfc/scannow and files were succesfully...
  6. Some applications close immediately after opening without error message

Some applications close immediately after opening without error message: I'm on the latest Windows 11 Insiders build. Many applications close immediately after opening Settings, RDP and some open briefly and then close with error messages Teams.I have tried the solution approach suggested here. I ran sfc/scannow and files were succesfully...
  7. App opens then closes immediately right after.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App opens then closes immediately right after.: When I try and open my antivirus software app witch is Mcafee, it opens then closes immediantly. I just got on my computer today and this started to happen. I also havent made any recent changes to my computer. I also checked if other applications where doing this and luckily...
  8. Apps closing down without warning or error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps closing down without warning or error message: Since installing the latest windows update a couple of months ago, office apps and chrome just shut down suddenly with no warning or error message. Sometimes they are fine for long periods of time and then will close several times in rapid succession. What is going on and...
  9. Windows 10 closes some programs without error message

Windows 10 closes some programs without error message: Hello eveyrone, So, for the past 2 days my pc is displaying an unusual behaviour. Every installer that I download does not work. Some programs like uTorrent or Dolphin or Hijackthis don't work. I have tried compatibility, I have tried running them as admin. And nothing...
  10. Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app.: Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app. Start menu properties tab missing from taskbar properties window. Some say it has been removed... some show its usage in configuring Startup? Thank you 20131

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 onenote app closing

2. onenote opens and closes immediately

3. onenote opens then closes

4. onenote is closing,
  5. onenote desktop app constantly shutting down,
  6. onenote closing,
  7. couldnt start onenote the last time we tried