Windows 10: OneNote App will not launch

Discus and support OneNote App will not launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OneNote app fom the MS Store installed on Win 10 worked well (though I like the desktop app better) then stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RM of OS, Jun 5, 2019.

1. RM of OS Win User

OneNote App will not launch

OneNote app fom the MS Store installed on Win 10 worked well (though I like the desktop app better) then stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled and get the same behavior. App launches then closes. Any ideas on how to fix this? The app works on my other devices (android phone and Surface).

:)

RM of OS, Jun 5, 2019

2. OneNote

Hi,

Let's isolate the issue by answering the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Does the OneNote app sync on your PC or other devices?
    • Have you checked if the Sync notebooks automatically is turned on? To check, just launch the
      OneNote app> tap the menu at the upper left corner> Settings> Options>
      toggle on the Sync notebooks automatically.
    • Which type of internet connection are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Gwynera Win User
    My OneNote app will not launch

My OneNote app, which I use daily to teach math, will not launch! I have OneNote 2013 as a backup, but the app is much easier for me to use in the classroom. If I click on the shortcut, nothing happens. The app is grayed out in the Menu. In the app settings,
    I cannot uninstall. On the Microsoft app site, I've tried to click on the link to download the program, but nothing happens. The app worked fine yesterday, and I've made no changes to the computer since then. I am using a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10.

Gwynera, Jun 5, 2019
  4. OneNote App will not launch

OneNote App not syncing_Can't find file location

Hi Matthew,

It seems that the app may be corrupted. I suggest that you reset the OneNote app. You can do so through Settings:

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Go to Apps, and then Apps & features.
    • From the list of apps, select OneNote.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

If the issue persists, it might help to uninstall and reinstall the app.

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Go to Apps, and then Apps & features.
    • From the list of apps, select OneNote.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Get the OneNote app from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

OneNote App will not launch

1. OneNote App will not launch - Similar Threads - OneNote App launch

2. apps not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps not launching: Suddenly my calculator and photo apps will not launch. I can't open images that are sent to me. You seen the black screen and the spinning timer but then the screen goes back to the email where the image was attached. With calculator, I see the graphic blue calculator but...
  3. OneNote App is auto dimming

OneNote App is auto dimming: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 running Windows 10 1803 and OneNote for Windows 10 (UWP) Version 16001.11727.20076.0 Whenever I maximize OneNote (or make it full screen) the laptop screen dims to 50%. This only happens when I am charging. It does not dim external screens, only the...
  4. App not launching

App not launching: Dear Sir / Madam, I have this week bought a Surface Pro in Dubai. I launched the Calculator, Camera app and some other in-built apps but only the frame appears and then it disappears. Using ctrl+alt+del does not even show the app opened. I have done all updates...
  5. How to Print to OneNote App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Print to OneNote App: I'm running Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 on a desktop computer. When I was using OneNote 2016, I could print from a website to a Page in Personal (Web)\Quick Notes. Now I'm using the OneNote app from the Microsoft Store and haven't found a way to print to Personal...
  6. OneNote app default font

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote app default font: Hi We are using the Windows 10 OneNote app (not OneNote 2016) on all our devices. Now we would like to change the OneNote default font to Arial on all compters, using a policy or a registry key. Unfortunately, I didn't find any registry key or any GPO where I can set the...
  7. OneNote Desktop App Problem

OneNote Desktop App Problem: Hi, I am using the OneNote Desktop App on my windows 10 laptop. The problem is, when I insert my PDF printouts and annotate on the slides, occasionally the slides would become blank leaving only my annotations. This tends to happen for PDF printouts with quite a number of...
  8. What happened to Windows+Shift+N to launch OneNote?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    What happened to Windows+Shift+N to launch OneNote?: I had the free version of OneNote 2013 installed in Win 7 Pro. With that version pressing Windows+Shift+N would launch OneNote. Since I upgraded to Win 10 and switched to the built in OneNote 2016 I cannot find a shortcut key to launch it. Is there a key combination to launch...
  9. OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App

OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App: Which one should I keep and use? 12002
  10. OneNote App keeps disconnecing

OneNote App keeps disconnecing: Hi! All of a sudden - but probably after the latest Windows and/or OneNote App automatic updates - the built-in OneNote app tells me "Unable to connect. Check the net settings and try again later". This is what I get: [img] Then, I receive a message: "You cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one note will not launch