Windows 10: OneNote - can't sign in. Asking me to input a pin but I've never set one up

Discus and support OneNote - can't sign in. Asking me to input a pin but I've never set one up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I've tried to sign in to my OneNote at home (windows 10), I input my email address and password as normal but it's... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SarahMcLennan, Nov 21, 2019.

1. OneNote - can't sign in. Asking me to input a pin but I've never set one up

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I've tried to sign in to my OneNote at home (windows 10), I input my email address and password as normal but it's now asking me for a pin but I've never set one up.

I keep getting a message to hello-enable my microsoft account but when I go into settings and sign in options, windows hello pin is 'currently unavailable'. I have no clue how to sign into my OneNote.

Can anyone tell me what to do please?

Thanks in adavnce,

Sarah

:)

SarahMcLennan, Nov 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Nov 21, 2019
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 21, 2019
  4. OneNote - can't sign in. Asking me to input a pin but I've never set one up

No place to sign into Windows 10: No log-in lock screen PIN input field showing; locked out

Hi David,

To resolve the issue regarding locked out in Windows 10, we suggest you follow the steps below:

• Open the “Settings” in Win menu and click on the “Account” icon to enter account settings.

• Choose “Sign-in option” and click “I forgot my PIN”, you can reset your PIN there. If it is a local account, please input the local account login password and then you can reset your PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

OneNote - can't sign in. Asking me to input a pin but I've never set one up

1. OneNote - can't sign in. Asking me to input a pin but I've never set one up - Similar Threads - OneNote can't sign

2. Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?: When I try sign to sign into Xbox , I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before, I don’t access to a computer to fix the issue or anything to access my setting because I can’t sign in without the pin, I am sign out of...
  3. Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?: When I try sign to sign into Xbox , I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before, I don’t access to a computer to fix the issue or anything to access my setting because I can’t sign in without the pin, I am sign out of...
  4. Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up.: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and from then on, there were tons of problems encountered.Most recent was yesterday when I was trying to log in to my laptop but it was asking for a PIN instead of my usual password. I never set up any and there is no other sign in option.1....
  5. Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up.

Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up.: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and from then on, there were tons of problems encountered.Most recent was yesterday when I was trying to log in to my laptop but it was asking for a PIN instead of my usual password. I never set up any and there is no other sign in option.1....
  6. windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....: I purchased this Lenova two months ago and never set up a windows username and password. Now, a windows security access to sign in windows keeps popping up. How do I stop the window from popping up or bypass it?Also, I tried to set up a password in accounts, but it won't let...
  7. windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....

windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....: I purchased this Lenova two months ago and never set up a windows username and password. Now, a windows security access to sign in windows keeps popping up. How do I stop the window from popping up or bypass it?Also, I tried to set up a password in accounts, but it won't let...
  8. Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up: Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up? I never set a pin and I want to set up a pin but when i click i forgot my pin it sends me through the same process that requires me to set a non-existent pin...
  9. Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up

Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up: Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up? I never set a pin and I want to set up a pin but when i click i forgot my pin it sends me through the same process that requires me to set a non-existent pin...
  10. Microsoft account asking for a PIN when it was never set up to begin with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account asking for a PIN when it was never set up to begin with: I cannot log into my personal office account because it asks for a PIN every time I try. I have never set up a PIN for any of my microsoft accounts before. When I try to go to my account settings on my browser to add Windows Hello as a login method, it asks for a PIN of all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote needs pin

2. onenote asks for password

3. cant login to onenote how to find pin

4. onenote lock screen,
  5. cant sign in hotmail account to onenote windows 10