Windows 10: OneNote Closing Notebook Feature for Windows 10

Discus and support OneNote Closing Notebook Feature for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today, I clicked on "close a notebook" and it has disappeared from existence. I checked all my folders on my computer, it did not save anywhere. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bella3032, May 22, 2020.

1. bella3032 Win User

OneNote Closing Notebook Feature for Windows 10

Today, I clicked on "close a notebook" and it has disappeared from existence. I checked all my folders on my computer, it did not save anywhere. I tried looking at recently deleted on OneNote, it wasn't there. I thought that closing a notebook meant closing a notebook, regardless if it was synced to my Drive which I assumed it was. What do I do? How can I recover this notebook?

:)

bella3032, May 22, 2020
  2. fifer Win User

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration.
    I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has proved to be impossible. I can view and work with the notebooks in the Windows 10 app, but I can find no way to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010.
    The notebooks are in OneDrive online and I can see them there, but there is no option to open them in OneNote 2010.
    The links to the notebooks show up as internet shortcuts when I view my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, but if I try to open any of these in OneNote 2010, nothing happens.
    If I go to OneNote online, there is no option to use OneNote 2010 to open any of my notebooks.
    So am I just being dense? Am I missing something obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time!!)
    Or is there some secret way of doing something that should be simple?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fifer, May 22, 2020
  3. BorisSl Win User
    Orphan OneNote notebook after room removal

Hi,

I've created and then removed "Room" for testing purposes, and then remove it. The OneNote notebook, created for this room still present in OneNote notebooks list (opened or closed). How can I remove the link to it from OneNote completely?

BorisSl, May 22, 2020
  4. 7thSense Win User

7thSense, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. OneNote Closing Notebook Feature for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - OneNote Closing Notebook

2. OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed: I am a teacher and using OneNote Classroom Notebook. I accidentally deleted a students notebook that is connected to mine. Is there a way to recover that? I have not removed the student from my class, just accidentally right-clicked and deleted it. Any help is greatly...
  3. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  4. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  5. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. onenote for windows 10 app, I closed a notebook and can no longer find it or open it on...

onenote for windows 10 app, I closed a notebook and can no longer find it or open it on...: hi, I closed a notebook on onenote for windows 10 and despite syncing all notebooks, it will not open and adding notebook will not locate it. I am only using one account and on onenote 2016 it does appear. how do I fix this? I only want to use the windows 10 onenote on...
  7. Remove a OneNote notebook

Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  8. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  9. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...