Windows 10: OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?

Discus and support OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyoneI purchased a new surface pro 8 16gb, brand new with non of my own software installed, just turned it on and went through normal setup with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ABCOMPLEX, Aug 10, 2022.

1. ABCOMPLEX Win User

OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?

Hi everyoneI purchased a new surface pro 8 16gb, brand new with non of my own software installed, just turned it on and went through normal setup with no software installed and standard settings. When I use OneNote it constantly either freezes for a little while and then comes back or just freezes completely and I have to restart the program for it to work. or it does not freeze but pen input does not work and also one last thing it does is that it does not scroll you can write butt cant scroll down to reveal new area to write on. I have to be honest if this is not a hardware fault, Microsoft

:)

ABCOMPLEX, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Pen and Onenote

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When you are using pen, you can set the device to ignore the touch, to make the changes you can follow the steps below.

1. May I know, if you are using OneNote App from Store or OneNote that comes with Microsoft Office and Outlook?

2. If you are using Microsoft Office and Outlook, May I know which version of it is?

Method 1:
    Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen.

Navigate to Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink.

From the Right pane under Pen, check
    Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen.

Method 2: Turn Touch Mode on or off.

I suggest you to check the article
    Turn Touch Mode on or off
    for OneNote that comes with Office and Outlook, try the troubleshooting steps and check if this help you.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 10, 2022
  3. zebouski Win User
    OneNote 2013 Troubles on Built 9879

I have a digitizer (stylus pen input) plus a touch screen on my laptop.

Everything worked cool with onenote until the latest build, now every 5 minutes or so, the pen inputs will start to write 'above' onenote, so that onenote doesn't record the inking while I can't tell until I scroll the page. Also, when using touch, windows will give me a pen cursor occasionally. Any help?

zebouski, Aug 10, 2022
  4. BradyRowe Win User

OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?

Pen Input inverted

I just tried the troubleshooting steps you listed, no improvement whatsoever. I'm starting to think that it's the new screen. Maybe the man who fixed it didn't do something right or maybe it's a defective screen. I've tried everything to try and fix the
    pen input, but it just isn't working...

BradyRowe, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

1. OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11? - Similar Threads - OneNote constantly freezing

2. Hi, my laptop with Windows 11 constantly registers a scrolling input even with trackpad and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my laptop with Windows 11 constantly registers a scrolling input even with trackpad and...: Hi, I was playing a Steam game, then closed it and opened a different game and noticed it was constantly scrolling. I restarted my laptop and it still automatically scrolls for example, when I hover my mouse over my laptop's volume bar, the volume slowly increases by itself.I...
  3. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Scroll: Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,...
  4. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Scroll: Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,...
  5. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Pen Properties in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen Properties in OneNote: Hello Team,I noticed the Highlighter and Pen default colors have changed to 16 colors instead of the prior 52 in the Color & Thickness pop-up window. I much prefer the Color & Thickness set of colors significantly easier and clearer for me to use instead of the 16. Is there...
  7. Pen Properties in OneNote

Pen Properties in OneNote: Hello Team,I noticed the Highlighter and Pen default colors have changed to 16 colors instead of the prior 52 in the Color & Thickness pop-up window. I much prefer the Color & Thickness set of colors significantly easier and clearer for me to use instead of the 16. Is there...
  8. OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?

OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?: Hi everyoneI purchased a new surface pro 8 16gb, brand new with non of my own software installed, just turned it on and went through normal setup with no software installed and standard settings. When I use OneNote it constantly either freezes for a little while and then...
  9. Scrolling function doesn't work in OneNote for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling function doesn't work in OneNote for Windows 10: the scrolling function doesn't work when cursor is on page. I've tried to repair and reset OneNote for Windows 10, it works, but after I restart the PC, the problem comes back again....
  10. inverted pen Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    inverted pen Input: Recently I have changed a screen on my laptop HP ENVY x 360 but met a strange issue because when I am trying to use my Bamboo Ink pen it is inverted. The first thing I did to fix it was checking all the drivers but it didn’t help. I know this type of the issue is connected...