Windows 10: OneNote Delete

Discus and support OneNote Delete in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Greetings, It's been awhile since I've been on this forum. I hope this finds you all well. I want to start using OneNote for some courses I will be... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by gfd, Aug 8, 2020.

1. GFD
    gfd Win User

OneNote Delete

Greetings,

It's been awhile since I've been on this forum. I hope this finds you all well.

I want to start using OneNote for some courses I will be taking. I had used it in the past and uninstalled it as I had no use for it at the time. I have some leftover notebooks that I want gone. I suppose this begs the response, 'well don't worry about them'. Fair enough.

I have tried to delete the old notebooks, but they still show up in the info page. Here's what I've done to try to delete the notebooks:
    -deleted on OneDrive
    -deleted from Documents folders on hard drive
    -looked in backup folders (empty)
    -searched and checked all folders related to OneNote
    -checked OneNote on Office online

This is like a termite infestation. It's everywhere *Banghead I noticed a cache folder with a bunch of files. Is it possible that remnants of the notebooks are there? Can I get a process to totally get rid of a OneNote notebook?

OneNote is version 16.0. I installed it by reinstalling Microsoft 365. Windows 10 2004 19041.329.

Any help will be most appreciated,
    Graham

:)

2. Deleting OneNote pages

To delete a page from OneNote you can follow the below steps.

• In the "all pages" view find the page you want to delete
    • press and hold on the page
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    OR

• Open the section having the page to be deleted.
    • press and hold on the page which needs to be deleted
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    Hope this helps.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Garea51 Win User

OneNote Delete

Deleting OneNote pages

How do I delete OneNote pages on my phone. I have followed the directions I have found, but the pages I have created do not show under the Notebook listing, where the delete function is.

Garea51, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

OneNote Delete

1. OneNote Delete - Similar Threads - OneNote Delete

2. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  3. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  4. I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MahvinK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l70myu/i_have_2_onenote_which_one_i_need_to_delete/
  5. ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.: Today I noticed when opening my onenote that all my notebooks were deleted. Checking the onedrive site I noticed EVERYTHING was gone and in the recycling bin. Has anyone else experienced this? It really makes not sense becuase I don't share anything or synchronize onedrive to...
  6. how do i delete onenote

how do i delete onenote: how do I delete onenote https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-onenote/f0f84487-26a9-4312-accd-e8676d671381
  7. Onenote has deleted everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onenote has deleted everything: Its seems like no one knows what to do ive been having troubles with one note and one drive as one note has deleted everything including my backups and i can not restore them ive tried every possible way from logging out to shuting off the device but nothing works and all...
  8. OneNote deleted section with password recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote deleted section with password recovery: Hello, Is there any way where I can recover my lost password-protected OneNote section? I tried going into the deleted note bin but couldn't find it there. I don't think that it is permanently deleted as it did not reach the 2 month period yet. I was able to recover another...
  9. How can I prevent onenote 2016 from deleting files after 60 days?

How can I prevent onenote 2016 from deleting files after 60 days?: I've been using OneNote 2016 for a while with cloud syncing turned off. Lately I've received a message from OneNote saying it will delete files more than 60 days old, which is something I do not wish to happen. I checked through everything in the File > Options section, but...
  10. OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted.: Whenever I boot up my PC, it says OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted. Does anyone know what the issue could be? 16376