Windows 10: OneNote deleted section with password recovery

Discus and support OneNote deleted section with password recovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Is there any way where I can recover my lost password-protected OneNote section? I tried going into the deleted note bin but couldn't find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MS20, Aug 12, 2019.

1. MS20 Win User

OneNote deleted section with password recovery

Hello,

Is there any way where I can recover my lost password-protected OneNote section? I tried going into the deleted note bin but couldn't find it there. I don't think that it is permanently deleted as it did not reach the 2 month period yet. I was able to recover another password-protected section there.

I deleted those two sections on the same day hence if the section is permanently deleted, I wouldn't have been able to see or recover the other one.

Does anybody know where I can find the missing section and how I should proceed with this issue?

Thank you.

:)

2. Deleting OneNote pages

To delete a page from OneNote you can follow the below steps.

• In the "all pages" view find the page you want to delete
    • press and hold on the page
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    OR

• Open the section having the page to be deleted.
    • press and hold on the page which needs to be deleted
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    Hope this helps.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Now access your password protected sections in OneNote app

Source: Now access your password protected sections in the OneNote for Windows Store app - Office Blogs

Brink, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

Hi Merlin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

Misplaced sections appear in a notebook when OneNote tries to sync changes to a notebook section, but can't find the section file. Misplaced sections will stay in the shared notebook until OneNote finds the new location of the section,
    or until you or someone else moves or deletes the misplaced section.

If you haven’t deleted or moved, I suggest you to try the notes recovery methods you’ve missed out on, suggested in the article
    Find my lost notes, and check
    if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. OneNote deleted section with password recovery - Similar Threads - OneNote deleted section

2. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  3. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  4. OneNote Delete

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote Delete: Greetings, It's been awhile since I've been on this forum. I hope this finds you all well. I want to start using OneNote for some courses I will be taking. I had used it in the past and uninstalled it as I had no use for it at the time. I have some leftover notebooks that I...
  5. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  6. Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote: I tried to resolve a synchronizing problem, so I closed notebooks and OneNote. I had several notes in a misplaced notes sections before closing a Notebook. But when I add the notebook back, all of the misplaced notes disappeared. I cannot find them anywhere...
  7. OneNote is asking for password to sync?

OneNote is asking for password to sync?: "OneNote needs a password to sync this notebook. Click here to enter your password" This a new one for me, NO I do not want to sync this notebook, I want to keep it on this machine only. How do I get rid of this annoying message? Tx 119455
  8. OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted.

OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted.: Whenever I boot up my PC, it says OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted. Does anyone know what the issue could be? 16376
  9. way to move page to different section in OneNote app?

way to move page to different section in OneNote app?: Just like the title says - I can't seem to find any way to move a note page to a different section of the notebook. I know there must be a way... I just can't figure it out. Anyone know? TIA... 8678
  10. Now access your password protected sections in OneNote app

in Windows 10 News
    Now access your password protected sections in OneNote app: OneNote for Windows already offers the ability to add passwords to individual sections of your notebooks for increased security—but what if you want to access those sections using OneNote’s Windows Store app on your favorite device? Today, we’re excited to announce that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one note view deletes passeord protected