Windows 10: OneNote Desktop App Problem

Discus and support OneNote Desktop App Problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using the OneNote Desktop App on my windows 10 laptop. The problem is, when I insert my PDF printouts and annotate on the slides, occasionally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LishS., Sep 20, 2018.

1. LishS. Win User

OneNote Desktop App Problem

Hi, I am using the OneNote Desktop App on my windows 10 laptop. The problem is, when I insert my PDF printouts and annotate on the slides, occasionally the slides would become blank leaving only my annotations. This tends to happen for PDF printouts with quite a number of pages. Any way to rectify this so that I don't end up with blank slides?

:)

LishS., Sep 20, 2018
  2. CSMR(2) Win User

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Sep 20, 2018
  3. OneNote

You can actually uninstall the said app via PowerShell. To do that, kindly follow the steps below:

Method 1: Remove/uninstall OneNote.

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell (Desktop app).
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Press Enter.

Once completed, follow the 2nd method on how to reinstall it.

Method 2: Reinstall OneNote.

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell (Desktop app).
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type in Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}.
    • Press Enter.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Sep 20, 2018
  4. jdeacon Win User

OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside the app. Mostly I work in the desktop OneNote, but for a quick note, pressing the top of the stylus and getting straight into taking a note is very convenient.

I'd swear when I first started doing this, the notes I created with the app appeared in the Quick Notes notebook of the desktop OneNote. Now they don't; they're different ones; older ones I think. Does anyone know how to make notes created in the app appear in a desktop version notebook?

jdeacon, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. OneNote Desktop App Problem - Similar Threads - OneNote Desktop App

2. OneNote Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Desktop PC: My OneNote Desktop PC version is not syncing my NoteBooks. Can someone help me? I have read how to sync notes: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fix-issues-when-you-can-t-sync-onenote-299495ef-66d1-448f-90c1-b785a6968d45...
  3. OneNote Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Desktop PC: My OneNote Desktop PC version is not syncing my NoteBooks. Can someone help me? I have read how to sync notes: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fix-issues-when-you-can-t-sync-onenote-299495ef-66d1-448f-90c1-b785a6968d45...
  4. OneNote Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Onenote problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onenote problems: Hi! I'm planning to buy a pentab to use it in my onenote for making digital notes. So I decided to practice writing first in onenote using my mouse. However, onenote crashes whenever I try to draw or make random notes. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalled one provided by...
  6. Problems about sticky note in OneNote app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems about sticky note in OneNote app: I use Microsoft ‘one note’ app on iPad. The sticky note doesn’t work properly. It sometimes fixes. Please improve it. I cannot add anything in my previous sticky note....
  7. OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app: Hi, I want to set OneNote for Windows 10 to open when I hit a button on my drawing tablet. The drawing tablet supports to open programs. However, I cannot find where the executable of OneNote is stored on my PC. When going to "start" and typing "OneNote", I see the...
  8. Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.: I have just installed Office 2019 and straight away afterwards I installed the OneNote desktop app. From what I have read elsewhere, one of the export options in the OneNote desktop app ought to be docx, but that isn't available to me. I have options to export to mht, pdf,...
  9. onenote sync problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    onenote sync problems: I have a sync problem with onenote. I have a section called diary which is password protected. There are about forty pages in the diary and eleven of them are now starting to report "Content not available. Sorry, it looks as if this page was added from another computer and...
  10. OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote app and desktop and quick notes: I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside the app. Mostly I work in the desktop OneNote, but for a quick note, pressing the top of the stylus and getting straight into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote desktop app not working