Windows 10: Onenote Duplicating Files

Discus and support Onenote Duplicating Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I work at Elder High School and for a while now we have had experienced a lot of issues with Onenote duplicating files. To further explain, the OneNote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stewart M. Bertke, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Onenote Duplicating Files

I work at Elder High School and for a while now we have had experienced a lot of issues with Onenote duplicating files. To further explain, the OneNote documents will go 'read-only' and OneDrive says, "Cannot sync changes" and then will start duplicating files. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Stewart M. Bertke, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Feb 14, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Onenote Duplicating Files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Onenote Duplicating Files

1. Onenote Duplicating Files - Similar Threads - Onenote Duplicating Files

2. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  3. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  4. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. duplicate files

duplicate files: there are several repeated files 'back up.....' each time I have to edit the files, is back up automatically, how stop this from happening ?I just the main file. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/05631872-2ccc-4b6e-9b6f-c1a9e3cde954
  6. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate files: there are several repeated files 'back up.....' each time I have to edit the files, is back up automatically, how stop this from happening ?I just the main file. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/05631872-2ccc-4b6e-9b6f-c1a9e3cde954
  7. Duplicate OneNote Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate OneNote Printers: Every time a new User signs in on a device, we end up with a duplicate OneNote printer. In some offices where people are often hot swapping seats they have 20+ OneNote printers. This happens on every computer. How can we prevent this from happening? I have searched all over...
  8. OneNote Files Disappeared

OneNote Files Disappeared: I realize that this is now a legacy app . . . no longer enhanced; however, I had developed a rather extensive set of notebooks containing recipes that I cannot duplicate. When I launch OneNote 2013 as I have always done, there are no notebooks available. I'm told I don't...
  9. Recover Onenote files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Onenote files: I did a system reset and since that I have lost a large portion of recent notes and files in one note. It seems to have erased all notes taken in the last 12 months but restored all those prior to that. Tried finding them in one drive online and aren't located there either...
  10. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: I have recently noted that many files with different extensions have bee duplicated and given an extended file extension name including a "~" and 8 letters and/or numbers e.g. *.txt~ABC4DE6F. Can anyone explain this and how I should act. If ther are temporary backups why are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. conenote check for duplicates