Windows 10: OneNote for W10 problems

Discus and support OneNote for W10 problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using OneNote (W10) syncing between desktop. laptop and a Samsung Tabet. Today several notebooks will not open in one or other device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cricman47, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Cricman47 Win User

OneNote for W10 problems

I have been using OneNote (W10) syncing between desktop. laptop and a Samsung Tabet. Today several notebooks will not open in one or other device. 19 Notebooks are listed in OneDrive although only 8 display the OneNote logo. These display the Notebook name and date below the logo. The rest show an unknown logo with the filename below. These show a .url extension which is hidden on those with a Notebook logo.

Opening OneNote on the desktop displays a list of 14 notebooks with a further 5 in the 'More Notebooks' section. Those listed on the home page all opened. 2 of those listed as 'More Notebooks' opened but the others would not open although listed in OneDrive. 8 of the main files disply a triangle indicating they are not fully sync'd.

As the laptop appeared to be the main problem I reset OneNote and this enabled 8 notebooks to open. 6 of these had opened on the desktop and all showed as Notebooks in OneDrive. A further 19 notebooks were listed in the 'More Notebooks' section of which 8 were identified as 'on this computer'. These are OneNote 2010 files located in the Users folders which have not been migrated to OneNote (W10). although there are additional fles in that location not listed in 'More Notebooks'.

The tablet lists 6 notebooks and 4 in the 'more notebooks' section. The is the same list as for the laptop but those in the 'more notebooks' section have never been accessed via tablet.

The 8 files that open on the laptop are the eight which have sync'd on the desktop. This leaves 8 files that open on the desktop but will not open on/sync to the laptop. I cannot be certain but I suspect they were created on the desktop. However I also believe that some amongst that that are syncing were also desktop created.

All three devices are registered to the same Microsoft account and not to any other Microsoft account. I am the only user of all machines.

The frustration is that one of these notebooks has been regularly used in recent days on both desktop and laptop, though not tablet, as part of a current project and were syncing perfectly until today.

Can anyone suggest what is the root of the problem and how to cure it?

I hope I have posted this to the right place as the options given to not mention OneNote and nothing seems to fit unless the W10 version still counts as part of Office.

:)

Cricman47, Jul 5, 2019

2. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 5, 2019
  3. OneNote won't open

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

• What is the make and model of your system?

• Have you downloaded the app from store?
    Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing
    experience.

I suggest you try restart your Computer and try to open your OneNote . if issue still persists, I kindly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by Ruxo in the following thread which discusses about how to uninstall OneNote .

Onenote on windows 10 - Sorry something went wrong

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

OneNote for W10 problems

OneNote crashes and other issues

Hi Emre,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your OneNote concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are you using OneNote 2016 or the built-in OneNote app of Windows 10?
    • If you're using OneNote 2016, what is the full version number of your Office. To determine the version of your Office, follow the steps
      here.
    • Can you please provide us the step-by-step process on how you're attempting to draw in OneNote using the touchscreen?

Argel Obm, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

OneNote for W10 problems

1. OneNote for W10 problems - Similar Threads - OneNote W10 problems

2. Wlan Probleme OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wlan Probleme OneNote: Hallo,sobald ich mit einem Wland verbunden bin, dauert es nur kurz und das Verbindungszeichen switcht auf folgendes Zeichen: Ich kann zwar noch das Internet benutzen, jedoch steht in OneNote, dass ich mich anmelden soll und sobald ich das versuche, heißt es es besteht keine...
  3. Wlan Probleme OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wlan Probleme OneNote: Hallo,sobald ich mit einem Wland verbunden bin, dauert es nur kurz und das Verbindungszeichen switcht auf folgendes Zeichen: Ich kann zwar noch das Internet benutzen, jedoch steht in OneNote, dass ich mich anmelden soll und sobald ich das versuche, heißt es es besteht keine...
  4. Taskbar icon of OneNote for W10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon of OneNote for W10?: How to change taskbar icon of OneNote for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-of-onenote-for-w10/6a3ed31c-9cab-4272-b3f4-af649763e866
  5. Onenote problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onenote problems: Hi! I'm planning to buy a pentab to use it in my onenote for making digital notes. So I decided to practice writing first in onenote using my mouse. However, onenote crashes whenever I try to draw or make random notes. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalled one provided by...
  6. Anyone having this problem in OneNote?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone having this problem in OneNote?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/official_gap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3dj3f/anyone_having_this_problem_in_onenote/
  7. onenote sync problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    onenote sync problems: I have a sync problem with onenote. I have a section called diary which is password protected. There are about forty pages in the diary and eleven of them are now starting to report "Content not available. Sorry, it looks as if this page was added from another computer and...
  8. Problems with OneNote 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problems with OneNote 2013: I use OneNote 2013 on my PC because I was able to buy a license when I worked for a company that provided copies for its employees -- and I've not had problems with it. But recently, I noticed my Notebook sections were badly out of date, and rather than update them in...
  9. onenote sync problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    onenote sync problems: I'm connected to the wifi but every time I want to sync one of my notebooks it says are you signed in which I am continuing on it says 'You will need the Internet for this.' Help me Please. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]the Internet for this'...
  10. OneNote Desktop App Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Desktop App Problem: Hi, I am using the OneNote Desktop App on my windows 10 laptop. The problem is, when I insert my PDF printouts and annotate on the slides, occasionally the slides would become blank leaving only my annotations. This tends to happen for PDF printouts with quite a number of...