Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I followed instructions to solve a synchronizing problem. Closed notebooks then closed OneNote. When closing a Notebook there were several notes in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Merlin_SMS, Apr 9, 2019.

1. OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

I followed instructions to solve a synchronizing problem. Closed notebooks then closed OneNote. When closing a Notebook there were several notes in a misplaced notes section. After adding back the notebook all of the misplaced notes were gone. They are not in deleted files or in recycle bin and I cannot fine them in OneNote online.

:)

Merlin_SMS, Apr 9, 2019

2. Recover misplaced section

Hi,

I had some weird sync issues with OneNote mobile and desktop. What happened was that any new note I created on my phone would not sync to desktop but instead be placed in a "misplaced section" in OneNote mobile. I accidentally deleted this section without
    realizing that the note had not sync'ed with my OneNote desktop. Now that note is gone.

Is it at all possible to recover a "misplaced section" in OneNote mobile on Windows Phone? Thanks.

renster721, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2019
  4. GrzegorzN Win User

OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

Vertical section list in OneNote (especially mobile version)

I posted it as you adviced:

Vertical section list in OneNote (especially Windows 10 Mobile version) - Microsoft Tech Community - 62958

I think, there is no Vertial view in new versions of OneNote. I posted suggestion in Windows 10 Opinion Center aplication (I don't know how's it called in english) - on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.

GrzegorzN, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

1. OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section - Similar Threads - OneNote Can't find

2. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  3. Desktop folder misplaced

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop folder misplaced: I had my desktop synced to my OneDrive folder, along with documents pictures and videos, and needed to move them back to the original location. In the process I have lost my desktop folder. It is now the highest level folder on my computer, with my pc, and OneDrive folders...
  4. OneNote deleted section with password recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote deleted section with password recovery: Hello, Is there any way where I can recover my lost password-protected OneNote section? I tried going into the deleted note bin but couldn't find it there. I don't think that it is permanently deleted as it did not reach the 2 month period yet. I was able to recover another...
  5. Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote: I tried to resolve a synchronizing problem, so I closed notebooks and OneNote. I had several notes in a misplaced notes sections before closing a Notebook. But when I add the notebook back, all of the misplaced notes disappeared. I cannot find them anywhere...
  6. Cant Find OneNote on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant Find OneNote on Windows 10: I have a new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 pro. I can't find OneNote. There is a OneNote folder, but it's empty. And, I can't find a download link on any site to download it onto my computer. Any ideas where to look? It's possible that my IT department took it off,...
  7. Can't sign into OneNote [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't sign into OneNote [Windows 10]: When I try to sign into OneNote, I get an error message saying I need to be connected to the internet even though I'm connected to it and browsing the web, streaming music, etc. This has been going on for months. [ATTACH]...
  8. Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?: Hello When unchecking the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and selecting "Show hidden folders, files and drives" in the Folder Options, I can see My Music, My Pictures and My videos library folders appearing in my Documents folder. I have Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Access to A Misplaced WindowsApps System Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to A Misplaced WindowsApps System Folder: After Win 10 Anniversary Update installed I experienced a continuous BSOD. When Dell tech support could not ascertain the cause, I was advised to reformat my C: partition and reinstall Windows. The initial re installation (by Dell) apparently failed to locate & install the...
  10. Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

in Windows 10 Support
    Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.: Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder. In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did...