Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I want to set OneNote for Windows 10 to open when I hit a button on my drawing tablet. The drawing tablet supports to open programs. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sjoerd Loenen, Feb 23, 2021.

1. OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app

Hi,

I want to set OneNote for Windows 10 to open when I hit a button on my drawing tablet. The drawing tablet supports to open programs. However, I cannot find where the executable of OneNote is stored on my PC.

When going to "start" and typing "OneNote", I see the application, but cannot choose "open file location" after a right click.

Also following the link to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps see https://www.reddit.com/r/OneNote/comments/k3j5hc/onenote_for_windows_10_file_location/ did not help. I could locate a "onenoteim.exe" in an extremely strangely named folder, but when hitting this executable, I received an error "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1_APP.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this program". However, I don't think reinstalling is the solution, the program works fine, I just need to find its right executable.

I find it strange that the executable is so hard to find. Would be nice if this could be changed.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Sjoerd Loenen

:)

Sjoerd Loenen, Feb 23, 2021

2. Cannot set default app for pen click to open OneNote (desktop)

Hi,

thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you referring to OneNote desktop app or OneNote for Office?

2) Have you installed any third party application or software?

Try clearing the cache and check if that helps.

Delete cached files from Upload Center.

• Go to start menu and open Upload Center for Office.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on 'Delete Cached Files for Office.'
    • Click OK and check if the status.
    I suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 23, 2021
  3. OneNote for Windows 10 shortcut fails

Interesting. I followed your path and OneNote is not on my taskbar User Pinned list either.

Maybe you are getting to the bottom of this when you say you can't remove.

My OneNote was replaced by this Window 10 app. I don't actually recall doing this. It removed the old Onenote.

In my program list it is called OneNote for Windows 10.

I wonder if yours is getting confused.

Under default apps, by protocol, is OneNote for Windows 10 the only default app.

OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2021
  4. OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app

OneNote

You can actually uninstall the said app via PowerShell. To do that, kindly follow the steps below:

Method 1: Remove/uninstall OneNote.

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell (Desktop app).
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Press Enter.

Once completed, follow the 2nd method on how to reinstall it.

Method 2: Reinstall OneNote.

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell (Desktop app).
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type in Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}.
    • Press Enter.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app

1. OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app - Similar Threads - OneNote desktop app

2. OneNote Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Desktop PC: My OneNote Desktop PC version is not syncing my NoteBooks. Can someone help me? I have read how to sync notes: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fix-issues-when-you-can-t-sync-onenote-299495ef-66d1-448f-90c1-b785a6968d45...
  3. OneNote Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Desktop PC: My OneNote Desktop PC version is not syncing my NoteBooks. Can someone help me? I have read how to sync notes: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fix-issues-when-you-can-t-sync-onenote-299495ef-66d1-448f-90c1-b785a6968d45...
  4. OneNote Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.: I have just installed Office 2019 and straight away afterwards I installed the OneNote desktop app. From what I have read elsewhere, one of the export options in the OneNote desktop app ought to be docx, but that isn't available to me. I have options to export to mht, pdf,...
  6. No sound in Onenote for Windows 10 app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound in Onenote for Windows 10 app.: There is no sound when I play back audio in the OneNote App for Windows 10. When I record audio or dictate in the OneNote App for Windows 10, it seems to record properly, but there is no sound when I play back the audio recording. If I right-click the recording in the...
  7. OneNote Desktop App Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Desktop App Problem: Hi, I am using the OneNote Desktop App on my windows 10 laptop. The problem is, when I insert my PDF printouts and annotate on the slides, occasionally the slides would become blank leaving only my annotations. This tends to happen for PDF printouts with quite a number of...
  8. OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App

OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App: Which one should I keep and use? 12002
  9. OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?

OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?: I have OneNote 2010 installed and don't want the Windows 10 OneNote APP. How can I remove the app or keep it from opening when I click on shortcuts like this: onenote:///O:\OneNote_Catalog\Catalog\Root.one#section-id={4B915525-1062-4367-B052-4B5CE174AF49}&end The...
  10. OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

OneNote app and desktop and quick notes: I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside the app. Mostly I work in the desktop OneNote, but for a quick note, pressing the top of the stylus and getting straight into...