Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I dont have the dictate button, or any audio to text option showing up on my OneNote. when i tried to download the Learning Tools app, it said that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by issybp, Jul 21, 2020.

1. issybp Win User

OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing

I dont have the dictate button, or any audio to text option showing up on my OneNote. when i tried to download the Learning Tools app, it said that I didnt have OneNote i do and would have to download it - I think the app might be for an earlier version of OneNote and isnt compatible with the version for Windows 10?

Can someone assist me in getting dictation on my OneNote?

Thanks

:)

issybp, Jul 21, 2020

2. OneNote dictate not showing

I got a laptop for my son to use the inbuilt Windows 10 OneNote and want to use the Dictate feature. It works fine on my profile on the same machine, but when I switch to my son's (child) profile the dictate button momentarily appears and then disappears
    again permanently. I tried a test where I changed his profile to an admin one but the Dictate still does not show up.

Help appreciated.

AlanMatchett, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jul 21, 2020
  4. OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing

Easy Dictation Into Windows 10 eMail?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the Microphone/ Cortana to dictate the mails.

What is the make and model of your device?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing

• Click on Next to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to search for the latest drivers for your device from the Microsoft website, try to download all the updates and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing

1. OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing - Similar Threads - OneNote dictate missing

2. replay button missing in OneNote for windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    replay button missing in OneNote for windows 10: Hello, the replay button is missing on OneNote for windows 10 version. I downloaded Version 16001.14326.21828.0 from Microsoft store but it occurred to me that this version has no replay button! the question has been asked before by others but yet to have a proper solution...
  3. replay button missing in OneNote for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replay button missing in OneNote for windows 10: Hello, the replay button is missing on OneNote for windows 10 version. I downloaded Version 16001.14326.21828.0 from Microsoft store but it occurred to me that this version has no replay button! the question has been asked before by others but yet to have a proper solution...
  4. replay button missing in OneNote for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dictation on onenote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dictation on onenote: when i use dictation by pressing the windows key + H on onenote after a while of using it, it says "something went wrong, please try again later" then i have to close is and leave it for a while before i can use it again. after it says something went wrong the dictation won't...
  6. Windows 10 Dictation

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Dictation: I have a new problem. When I attempt to use Dictation and hit Control H, a "Find and Replace" dialog box comes up and I can't get past it to record. In the Sound Settings, the microphone works! I have been able to use this function in the past....
  7. Dictating and correcting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dictating and correcting in windows 10: I want to be able to correct the errors as I dictate in Windows 10, but every time I hit the keyboard, the dictation stops and I have to relaunch it. Is there a setting I can use to keep it from turning off when I have to use the keyboard to correct an error with the...
  8. OneNote dictate not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote dictate not showing: I got a laptop for my son to use the inbuilt Windows 10 OneNote and want to use the Dictate feature. It works fine on my profile on the same machine, but when I switch to my son's (child) profile the dictate button momentarily appears and then disappears again permanently....
  9. OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature: Windows 10 users are receiving an update for OneNote which brings a really handy feature to the table. OneNote, if you don’t already know, is a note-taking app with a professional touch. It is easily one of the best note-taking applications available on all platforms. Notes...
  10. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable dictate in onenote

2. Onenote dictate is missing

3. one note dictate missing