Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10 - File storage location

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10 - File storage location in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office 365 - Windows 10 x64 OneNote for Windows 10 Where are the clips stored, which file extension? Can I find them? Is there a way to change the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Oct 10, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

OneNote for Windows 10 - File storage location

Office 365 - Windows 10 x64
    OneNote for Windows 10

Where are the clips stored, which file extension?
    Can I find them?

Is there a way to change the file location?

I believe, within 2016, one could change the location(?), but with Office 365?
    Microsoft 365 Family and Personal include OneNote. The naming of OneNote within these suits, are they same?

Thanks.

OneNote for Windows 10 - File storage location [​IMG]

LATER

Solved, I needed to download the OfficeSetup.exe from "Install or reinstall OneNote for Windows" site
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-132cb9c45c08

Run that one. Now OneDrive for Office showed up, allowing to change save location.

=

:)

tfwul, Oct 10, 2020
  2. tfwul Win User

Office 365 - Windows 10 x64
    OneNote for Windows 10

Where are the clips stored, which file extension?
    Can I find them?

Is there a way to change the file location?

I believe, within 2016, one could change the location(?), but with Office 365?
    Microsoft 365 Family and Personal include OneNote. The naming of OneNote within these suits, are they same?

Thanks.

LATER

Solved, I needed to download the OfficeSetup.exe from "Install or reinstall OneNote for Windows" site
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-132cb9c45c08

Run that one. Now OneDrive for Office showed up, allowing to change save location.

=

tfwul, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2020
  4. robvann Win User

OneNote WM6 on storage card?

I want to locate the OneNote program AND THE ASSOCIATED DATA on the storage card.

I have been able to get the program located there easily duing the normal install process, but unfortunately the data seems to always go to the main device storage area (Applications data; Microsoft; Windows OneNote; etc.)

I tried un-installing it and re-installing it with the main storage file folder delete, but still get the same results.

Anyone else cross this bridge yet?

-

robvann, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. OneNote for Windows 10 - File storage location - Similar Threads - OneNote File storage

2. OneNote for Windows 10 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote for Windows 10 files: I am very frustrated by Microsoft's answers on this question. I use OneNote for Windows 10 frequently. I have a large notebook that I want to transfer to my work computer, because it has a lot of information that I need to do my job. I can't log into my personal Microsoft...
  3. OneNote for Windows 10 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote for Windows 10 files: I am very frustrated by Microsoft's answers on this question. I use OneNote for Windows 10 frequently. I have a large notebook that I want to transfer to my work computer, because it has a lot of information that I need to do my job. I can't log into my personal Microsoft...
  4. Storage Space and File Location Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space and File Location Question: I got a work desktop last Christmas after using a laptop for a while and got the notification that I no longer had enough OneDrive space. Something I did not realize was that every document and photo I created on my new computer was synced up to OneDrive as someone who works...
  5. Storage Space and File Location Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Space and File Location Question: I got a work desktop last Christmas after using a laptop for a while and got the notification that I no longer had enough OneDrive space. Something I did not realize was that every document and photo I created on my new computer was synced up to OneDrive as someone who works...
  6. Storage Space and File Location Question

7. Changing the file storage location in word 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the file storage location in word 10: I saw Lukes post and tried the same thing, but when I changed the path, it gave me a notice that it won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-file-storage-location-in-word-10/e85cdb09-5f03-45fb-a32c-590ec513d649
  8. Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer): Managed to overwrite "3D Objects" file with the hard drive disk (I), as I was trying to reroute file locations away from the full capacity SSD (C). Is it possible to restore the file back to 3D Objects, or is it permanently transformed? [img] Refer to system 2 specs....
  9. Windows 10 OneNote App Local File Location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 OneNote App Local File Location: My significant other has all of their medical school notes stored in the onenote windows 10 app. This inst the 365 version since the school provides 365 without OneNote support, so there is no way to export as a notebook only PDFs that are unreadable. Last time they tried...
  10. File Storage Location for People App

File Storage Location for People App: For years I have use Outlook 365 for email, calendar and contacts. I want to try the People App for my phone book but can't figure out how to back up the data file for it. Where is the storage file for that located? Also, the calendar app? Thank you very much. 113276