Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10 Input Lag on Surfacebook

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10 Input Lag on Surfacebook in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have run into an issue on my Surfacebook where typing in OneNote for Windows 10 is EXTREMELY slow. This is not an issue on another Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterGMcDermott, Mar 21, 2021.

1. OneNote for Windows 10 Input Lag on Surfacebook

Hello,

I have run into an issue on my Surfacebook where typing in OneNote for Windows 10 is EXTREMELY slow. This is not an issue on another Windows desktop computer running the same version of OneNote Version 16001.13801.20202.0. Many others have submitted this problem, and I see that moderators often have time replicating, but I think based on testing it on my other desktop, I think it may somehow be related to the Surfacebook hardware.

:)

PeterGMcDermott, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Seltxer Win User

OneNote for Windows 10 Input Lag on Surfacebook

Input lag?

• So I had to install the last fall creator's update because of mandatory security updates. Sometimes I launch tf2 and there's major input lag while other times there isn't. I used to have a solution of reverting to a version before the fall creators update
      but I've tried that recently and I needed to reinstall Windows 10. Another solution was to just restart but I don't want to have to restart my laptop every time I want to play video games. I don't know what's causing the input lag, whether it's because of
      the game or the OS or Logitech Gaming Software (which might not be the issue since I had this issue way before I ever got a logitech mouse). I suspect it's the OS and the fall creator's update. I need a permanent solution to stop this input lag. If anyone
      has one, I would really appreciate it.

Seltxer, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

OneNote for Windows 10 Input Lag on Surfacebook

1. OneNote for Windows 10 Input Lag on Surfacebook - Similar Threads - OneNote Input Lag

2. input lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    input lag: When i install windows, mouse feels fine. win10 and 11After about 30~60 minutes, i start getting input lag like extra 40ms.Doesn't matter what i do, it won't go away.It's worse on windows 11.I've tried everything hardware/software/network/EMI/Electricity/windows settings...
  3. input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    input lag: When i install windows, mouse feels fine. win10 and 11After about 30~60 minutes, i start getting input lag like extra 40ms.Doesn't matter what i do, it won't go away.It's worse on windows 11.I've tried everything hardware/software/network/EMI/Electricity/windows settings...
  4. input lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Severe Lagging When Typing in OneNote for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Severe Lagging When Typing in OneNote for Windows 10: I'm posting this here because in spite of all of the other posts and mechanisms for feedback, I don't think this issue is being properly addressed. Instead, only workarounds are being proposed. Use Case: I would like to use OneNote for Windows 10 to take notes and journal....
  6. Windows 10 2004 surfacebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 surfacebook: This has probably been answered but 2004 just downloaded and installed on my surface but still doesn't show up as available on my surfacebook. What is the schedule for surfacebook....
  7. Lagging input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lagging input: I have Lenova tower about two years old and with wireless keyboard and mouse. Last year, I started experiencing lagging issues. This is a real problem with typing email or word document. Does anyone have this problem and have a solution. I looked for help on YouTube and...
  8. Windows 10 App - OneNote Cannot input Chinese

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 App - OneNote Cannot input Chinese: I use the Microsoft Chinese Input Method (Dayi 6.0) but I cannot input any Chinese, While I input and text, the first input will disappear once. 用 Windows 10 內置的大易輸入法,不能在 OneNote 輸入中文,每次打第一個碼,就已經消失不能輸入。 OS : Windows 10 1803 App : OneNote ( Windows 10 integrated )...
  9. Windows 10 Input lag problem!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Input lag problem!: Hello Windows, Since march/april 2018, I got a very annoying problem. I explain : I got a mouse lag (delay, latency) on my desktop and even in games. To be more precise, I'm having a small but very annoying delay when I move my mouse. Here's what I did : Reinstalled...
  10. Input Lag in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Input Lag in Windows 10: Hello! I have struggled with input lag in Windows 10 for a while now. I know there are many posts about this but after looking through so many I still never found my solution. I have tried different peripherals and all of them are from very popular brands (Zowie, Logitech,...