Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10 Microsoft Store App Not working

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10 Microsoft Store App Not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I used to have a perfectly working condition "OneNote for Windows 10" Microsoft Store app installed. Now when I try to launch it I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterCho4, Jan 6, 2021.

1. PeterCho4 Win User

OneNote for Windows 10 Microsoft Store App Not working

Hello all,

I used to have a perfectly working condition "OneNote for Windows 10" Microsoft Store app installed.

Now when I try to launch it I get these errors on Event Viewer:
    Event ID 10010 - The server Microsoft.Office.OneNote_16001.13328.20478.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!microsoft.onenoteim did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event ID 7023 - The Windows Search service terminated with the following error: The system cannot find the drive specified.

Event ID 7034 - The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly.

I am wondering if these are related to missing WindowsApps files - recently I had put in this command to PowerShell:

Get-AppxPackage *Xbox* Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *NET.Native* Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *VCLibs* Remove-AppxPackage

Removing the Xbox and VCLibs apps only partially removed the apps, and I later did a clean uninstall and reinstall of Xbox through the Microsoft Store. I also installed the latest Visual C++ packages and .NET framework.

I have not run into any issues with any programs, and the only Microsoft Store apps to not work is the OneNote for Windows 10 app.

Any thoughts? Could this be an issue of needing to re-install Windows Search Services? If so how would I go about doing this?

:)

PeterCho4, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 6, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. OneNote for Windows 10 Microsoft Store App Not working - Similar Threads - OneNote Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft Store App stopped working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App stopped working Windows 10: Good day all.I have been having issues with the Microsoft Store App in Windows 10. This issue seems to be very common and has been around for a while now. The issue seem to occur from a series of updates installed after the '2023-04 Update For Windows 10 Version 20H2 For x64...
  3. Microsoft Store App stopped working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App stopped working Windows 10: Good day all.I have been having issues with the Microsoft Store App in Windows 10. This issue seems to be very common and has been around for a while now. The issue seem to occur from a series of updates installed after the '2023-04 Update For Windows 10 Version 20H2 For x64...
  4. Microsoft Store and apps not working

Microsoft Store and apps not working: SummaryI am a Windows 10 user. Everything was working fine until about 1 week ago. Now Microsoft Store and all associated apps have stopped working.DetailsThe first thing I noticed was Calculator app had stopped working. At first, that was the only thing malfunctioning. I...
  5. Microsoft Store and Windows apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Windows apps not working: Hi, yesterday I opened Microsoft store to download some updates. It was showing that the apps mail and calender and the store itself was downloading the updates. I closed the store. Then I checked the notifications and I saw that Microsoft Store was stuck on 95 percent and I...
  6. Microsoft Store and base apps not working on Windows 10

Microsoft Store and base apps not working on Windows 10: The Microsoft Store APP, the photo app, the media app and others are not working on my Windows 10 computer. I have been searching for and trying solutions on the web. I updated Windows to the latest updates. The most complete I found was this link, which I went through...
  7. Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server: There is something abnormal. I previously meshed up with Hyper V on my computer, and then I disable it from "Turn Windows features on or off". Everything looks normal, but I suddently realized that my OneNote will not sync anymore, with following message. [ATTACH] The...
  8. Apps from Microsoft Store not working on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps from Microsoft Store not working on Windows 10: Help, I want to open Groove Music, Calculator, Alarms & Clocks, and Microsoft Store on my computer, but it won't open, on the Start Menu, it has an updating status and then it stops and then when I click on it, it doesn't open, help, what can I do? ***Original title: Groove...
  9. Windows 10 Default Onenote Store app

Windows 10 Default Onenote Store app: I'm using the Window 10 OneNote default app in. Current language interface is English - left to right and etc. Can I change the language of the interface? Thanks for any help. Yours sincerely, Roi...
  10. OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App: Which one should I keep and use? 12002