Windows 10: OneNote for Windows 10 Taskbar Icon

Discus and support OneNote for Windows 10 Taskbar Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The OneNote for Windows 10 taskbar icon has changed. It's somehow the same as the Chrome icon. I have tried restarting Windows explorer in Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jillian Morgan, Sep 17, 2020.

1. OneNote for Windows 10 Taskbar Icon

The OneNote for Windows 10 taskbar icon has changed. It's somehow the same as the Chrome icon.

I have tried restarting Windows explorer in Task Manager. I even ended the task and ran it as a new task.

I've repaired OneNote and reset it.

I've seen the whole "pin to task bar and go to properties to change the icon" thing. I don't have a properties option, pinned to task bar or not. I only get Open, Unpin from Start, and Unpin from taskbar. Other apps do have the properties option.

My computer has been rebooted twice once because I installed updates.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled OneNote.

Does anybody have any idea why this icon has changed or, more importantly, how to change it back? OneNote itself works fine, but this is just super irritating.

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office OneNote Windows 10 Microsoft 365 Family

:)

Jillian Morgan, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 17, 2020
  3. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

OneNote for Windows 10 Taskbar Icon

Feature suggestion: Add Windows 7 Taskbar icon GPU freq./temperature/RAM used meter

Please add an option (which will also require an Options/Settings screen however, or else the main menu will be too cluttered) to have the GPU freq., temperature, videoRAM used and/or maybe GPU load shown in the program taskbar icon on Windows 7.
    It could have two options - cycle between modes (for example about each 10 seconds), or always show the same value - for example, GPU temp or load/etc.
    See how Core Temp does this for an example. (WinZIP also shows such a meter when decompressing archives.)

What do you think, could this be useful?

C++ examples here:
    Windows 7 Taskbar Dynamic Overlay Icons and Progress Bars
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators

Thema:

OneNote for Windows 10 Taskbar Icon

1. OneNote for Windows 10 Taskbar Icon - Similar Threads - OneNote Taskbar Icon

2. Taskbar icon of OneNote for W10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon of OneNote for W10?: How to change taskbar icon of OneNote for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-of-onenote-for-w10/6a3ed31c-9cab-4272-b3f4-af649763e866
  3. Onenote for Windows 10 doesn´t have an icon and cannot get unpinned from taskbar

Onenote for Windows 10 doesn´t have an icon and cannot get unpinned from taskbar: Hey there,my "OneNote for Windows 10" the version from the Windows Store, not the one included in the 365 package! can´t be unpinned from the taskbar. As you can see in the screenshot below "Von der Taskleiste lösen" means unpin from taskbar it doesn´t even show the button to...
  4. Icons on taskbar Windows 10

Icons on taskbar Windows 10: How do I get icons to appear only once on the task bar for multiple windows of the same app? I prefer to see the Icon once on the taskbar and then have multiple windows appear within the menu above when right-clicking on that icon....
  5. Icons on the taskbar - windows 10

Icons on the taskbar - windows 10: Hi, I've been experiencing some problems with the icons from several apps Calc, Spotify, Skype, Microsoft Store, etc. From a certains point in time, these icons just disappeared from the takskbar, though I can see that the app is active see picture as na exemple[ATTACH]. I...
  6. OneNote For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote For Windows 10: In OneNote 2016 I can Print from PowerPoint and send to OneNote 2016 and create multiple pages in Onenote 2016. This is essential for me because I read through many presentations, of over 50 pages, and I need the ability to create links in OneNote to the individual pages....
  7. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...
  8. OneNote for Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote for Windows 10: Greetings! Just wondering if someone knows if the clipping tool is also in the One Note edition that comes with Windows 10? Tried the regular Windows key + S, but no joy. Thanks! 29597
  9. Window 10 icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 icon on taskbar: What is the padlock icon on lower right corner of Windows 10? See Pic Thanks 33378
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016: Still OneNote desktop for me. I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts - Alt-H-V-T anyone?) and I like the integration with the rest of Office (eg. the ability to mark some OneNote text as an...