Windows 10: OneNote: How can I make a catalog of all my OneNote notebooks?

Discus and support OneNote: How can I make a catalog of all my OneNote notebooks? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have many open and many closed notebooks, on various local, network and clousd drives. Is there someway to collect all the notebook names and file... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SOHO1, Jan 6, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

OneNote: How can I make a catalog of all my OneNote notebooks?

I have many open and many closed notebooks, on various local, network and clousd drives.

Is there someway to collect all the notebook names and file locations together in one catalog? Certainly File>Info knows these exist, but browsing each one individually is not convenient at all (and hurts my finger to mouse down the list so much.)

:)

SOHO1, Jan 6, 2017

2. Deleted OneNote Notebook (file)/Page on Windows Phone Lumia. (how to recover?)

Hello, I write important notes on my OneNote app on my windows phone Lumia 820.

I am planning to send it to Nokia Care center for repair so I delete some pages/file on my OneNote - KNOWING

it is still available on OneNote Online!!!!

but I turned on the wifi to search something on web... Not Aware, My OneNote app on WP sync all the deleted File! getting deleted also on OneNot Online!.

I never thought that is how it works. I thought I can rely the OneNote Online for my importants OneNote Notebook pages.

It's not on recyle bin on OneDrive Online. I dont have OneNote on PC.

And on my thought, why Delete (on my phone) also autosync on OneNote Online?

Is there anyway I could recover my OneNote Notebook pages? even online?

these are important notes.

OneNote: How can I make a catalog of all my OneNote notebooks? :(

Darren Mozo, Jan 6, 2017
  3. Can I send explorer pages or links to OneNote on my Windows Phone 8 device?

OneNote doesn't appear as a Share option on Internet Explorer on my phone, is it possible to make it one? If not is there another way to send pages or links to OneNote. I can email links to Evernote, but I'd prefer to use OneNote.

billbennettnz, Jan 6, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I would create a Folder on a drive and Copy all the files to it. Then I'd right-click that Folder and choose Command Prompt Here [may have to hold down the Shift key while right-clicking], once that Command Prompt is open I'd type dir /s/o>dir.txt [note the space before /s] which creates a list of all the files. The /s includes directories/Folders and the /o organizes by name.

There's most likely other ways to do the same. You could change the dir.txt to something more descriptive but the main thing is the .txt file will be in the same directory/Folder [directory was DOS days and renamed to Folder back in Windows 95]. Double-click that file to open in Notepad [default] or open it in a word processor program where you can save it with that program's extension such as WordPerfect's .wpd or Word's .doc or newer .docx format.

Berton, Jan 6, 2017
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    That might work if I knew where they all were, which is fundamentally why I need some kind of export of what OneNote already knows about locations (probably stored in the registry somewhere?)

My work around is to manually construct a page with a table of each notbook name and file location (as I said, various drives, various network share, various cloud locations) and add hyperlinks.

This is going to take a while. A Long While. And be HIGH MAINTENANCE.

OneNote: How can I make a catalog of all my OneNote notebooks? [​IMG]

SOHO1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneNote: How can I make a catalog of all my OneNote notebooks? - Similar Threads - OneNote catalog OneNote

2. OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed: I am a teacher and using OneNote Classroom Notebook. I accidentally deleted a students notebook that is connected to mine. Is there a way to recover that? I have not removed the student from my class, just accidentally right-clicked and deleted it. Any help is greatly...
  3. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  4. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  5. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Remove a OneNote notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  7. Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016: Created several Notebooks using OneNote 2010. Moved to new laptop so downloaded free version of OneNote 2016 (not from Windows store). Some of the notebooks open, but when trying to open others, I get the message that I need Office 365 to view them. Why this inconsistent...
  8. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  9. OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?

OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?: I have more than a dozen open notebooks and more recently closed notebooks, each with many many tabs. Is there a way to close them all so I can better see which one notebook I am currently working in? 74287
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...