Windows 10: OneNote in Windows 10 ink to numbers instead of text

Discus and support OneNote in Windows 10 ink to numbers instead of text in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! My windows ink in OneNote is no longer functioning properly, I'm getting mostly numbers instead of text when I'm trying to translate from ink to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CecOhl, Oct 24, 2018.

1. CecOhl Win User

OneNote in Windows 10 ink to numbers instead of text

Hi!

My windows ink in OneNote is no longer functioning properly, I'm getting mostly numbers instead of text when I'm trying to translate from ink to text. I have done the improve ink recognition and it has worked ok previously, not perfect but ok.

I'm writing in English, using the US English keyboard and the US English language pack is installed.

The OneNote version is Version 16001.10827.20178.0

:)

CecOhl, Oct 24, 2018

2. Unable to find windows ink workspace after Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi Denis,

• How did you perform the Windows 10 upgrade?
    • What is the current build number of Windows? To check the build number, please follow the below steps;

• Press the hotkey Win key+ R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
    • In the Run dialog, type winver and press Enter.
    • This will open the About Windows window displaying the Windows version and the build number in it.
    As an initial step, please restart your Computer and check if the Ink work Space has came as a restart is needed to show up the new features.

If the ink space still not found, please create a new user account and check if you can find the Ink Space in the new account. Refer to the below link to create a new user account;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...18c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Keep us updated on the issue, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Oct 24, 2018
  3. microsoft ink

Hi,

Windows Ink feature is not applicable to all laptop or devices. We suggest that you visit this

link
    to get the list of Windows Ink enabled devices.

Regards.

Anthony Gal, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

OneNote crashes and other issues

Hi Emre,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your OneNote concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are you using OneNote 2016 or the built-in OneNote app of Windows 10?
    • If you're using OneNote 2016, what is the full version number of your Office. To determine the version of your Office, follow the steps
      here.
    • Can you please provide us the step-by-step process on how you're attempting to draw in OneNote using the touchscreen?

Argel Obm, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. OneNote in Windows 10 ink to numbers instead of text - Similar Threads - OneNote ink numbers

2. OneNote - perfect until shared - then the text moves.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote - perfect until shared - then the text moves.: I have been keeping a journal about COVID-19 and am pleased with the result. I am not a beginner.When I sync/share, there are issues.The text moves, often overlapping.Rendering it useless.Can I send you a screenshot?Can you help please? Disappointed....
  3. Convert ink-to-text in other languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert ink-to-text in other languages: Hello. I'm currently writing stuff in OneNote in German. I'm using the OneNote that is supplied with Windows 10. I want to convert the ink that I'm writing with to text. But this doesn't work as it is in German. I have an Office 365 subscription, but I'm not sure if it's...
  4. Text, inking, and typing data.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Text, inking, and typing data.: Does Text, inking, and typing data send screenshot to server or store data before sending ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-inking-and-typing-data/a7713b35-750b-4f22-9e8c-36f6aaa2fc4f"
  5. OneNote: Text invisible/disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote: Text invisible/disappears: When using OneNote sometimes parts of the text disappears/become invisible. These parts only appears again when I hover mouse cursor over the text or when I change to another page or close OneNote and open again. I'm using OneNote (Versão 16001.11629.20028.0), Windows 10...
  6. Picture numbers instead of a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture numbers instead of a photo: I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to store my photos. I am listing one of my rentals on Craigslist but when I click on Add Images I get a screen that shows just the image picture number ....no picture. That is how it is for all my picture folders. How can I change that so my...
  7. OneNote "Copy Text from Picture"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote "Copy Text from Picture": I have a new computer. I have been using a feature of OneNote to “Copy Text from Picture”. When I try to use this same feature with my new computer and I right click on the image I pasted in OneNote and “Copy Text from Picture” does not appear as a menu option. What do I...
  8. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...
  9. How to set "." instead of "," in numbers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to set "." instead of "," in numbers: Hello I think when I installed Windows XP for the first time, I had to set the decimal value to be shown has "." instead of the comma "," Some of my Excel sheet seem to be misinterpreted now since I installed Win 10 Any idea? Martin 17701
  10. Copy Text from Picture in OneNote

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Text from Picture in OneNote: How to: Copy Text from Picture in OneNote [img] Information Let's start with a quote from Wikipedia: Microsoft OneNote is a computer program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users' notes (handwritten or typed), drawings,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ink ot text onenote 2013 issues

2. onenote windows 10 no ink to text

3. onenote win 10 keep text only

4. onenote 16001.10827.20178.0,
  5. onenote 2018 how to get the ink to text dialog box up